Aussies Living Simply

Hello!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    AusPrepperAusPrepper

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tom and I’m just starting out on my journey of self sufficiency after a couple of years of research and learning. My plan is slowly coming to fruition and I’ll soon be moving to Tasmania (hopefully). I would love to meet like minded people, especially people with knowledge of permaculture and homesteading/hobby farming.

Has anyone here been to any permaculture training courses like tagari farm or zaytuna farm?

Cheers,

Tom

BlueWrenBlueWren

Hi Tom :wave: and a big welcome to ALS , one of the most helpful and friendly forums on the net.

All the best for your anticipated move and projects – there are quite a few Tassie folk on here.

I haven’t done any permie courses but am currently reading “Gaia’s Garden – a Guide to Homescale Permaculture” by Toby Hemenway.

BelBel

Hi and welcome Ausprepper. As Bluewren said, lots of helpful people here. I haven’t done any courses, so can’t help you there. Most of what I do is trial and error. Happy to share what i have learnt if you have questions along the way. I hope you enjoy the site 🙂

RobyneRobyne

Bill Molleston used to do coarses in Tassie up near Burnie.

Welcome to ALS hope you enjoy all the information given

BlueWrenBlueWren

Tom – meant to say that Milkwood Farm holds all sorts of courses – just do a Google I think would be best.

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

G’day and welcome to ALS Tom. :wave:

I did an ‘online’/ distant permie course through Permaculture Visions.

http://permaculturevisions.com/

Self-paced and less expensive than those 2-week blitz courses – of course, you don’t have the fantastic interaction though. But you do get lots of feedback. :tup:

Cheers :whistle:

BobbeeBobbee

Hi Tom, :wave:

It’s nice to meet you.

AusPrepperAusPrepper

Thanks guys! Glad to be here and nice to meet you all!

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

:wave: welcome to ALS

lostinthefoglostinthefog

Welcome from another(albeit sometimes reluctant!!) Taswegian….not a ‘Permie’ as such…just wing it but pretty much self sufficient in the vege dept…

JFWJFW

Hi Tom

I’m new here too and live in Southern Tasmania.

Welcome.

Where in Tasmania will you be living?

AusPrepperAusPrepper

Hey JFW!

I’m not settled on the location yet, it will all depend on the amount of fiat currency I have to spend, but I’m looking for somewhere cold with a lot of rainfall. I want to be completely self sufficient…a long road ahead but ill get there eventually. I plan on moving down sometime mid/end of next year. Any places you recommend?

AusPrepperAusPrepper

Hey lostinthefog,

what is your most productive crop?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.