Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Have you heard about Ravelry? (A free site with many free knit and crochet patterns)

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING The Crafts Have you heard about Ravelry? (A free site with many free knit and crochet patterns)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have recently rediscovered the joy and wonder of knit and crochet. Anyway, while on my journey, I found a great site called “Ravelry” that offers free patterns as well as thousands of photos of completed and in progress projects (a great source for inspiration). Ravelry is huge (with over 2 million users) and I am still learning my way around…

If you do register, try not to be daunted (by the size and the features) and take your time to learn your way around (there are tutorials to help you). As a novice, I mainly use the site to find free patterns and inspiration. However, you can also find people, join groups, record your projects, manage pattern and stash libraries, and the list goes on. I hope some ALS’ers find the link useful: ravelry – a free site for knitters and crocheters Enjoy!

BelBel

Thanks Elaine. I would love to learn how to knit. Does the site teach you how to learn to knit too?

Hi Bel. I’m not really sure (as I haven’t used Ravelry to learn how to knit or crochet). However, I do know that the site has many groups and patterns for beginners. You might even be able to connect to a group or a class close to where you live (either in person or via Skype). Also, if you haven’t looked already, Youtube and your local library will have some great free resources to get you started… Good luck!

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I go to Ravelry also Knitting Pattern Central

RobyneRobyne

Just joined the site and sent my friend the web site.

Learn to chant an easy words for knitting In, round under off. In the stitch wind the wool round the needle pull the needle and wool unde with the needle and push the old off the needle.

Granddaughter is chanting it.

Hi Robyne. I hope you enjoy the site (I certainly am) 🙂

Those knitting “chants” are really good (although, you probably need to know what a stitch actually looks like before they can help). I wonder if anyone at ALS knows of any others?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.