Aussies Living Simply

Has this forum moved to somewhere else?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Has this forum moved to somewhere else?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DanHower

I am not in Australia any more, and didn’t visit this forum for some time. Years ago I really liked it and enjoyed the community.

Coming here from time to time I have the impression nothing going on here any more. Has everybody stopped living simply?

Given the slow but steady though accelerating demise of Europe I have first thoughts of returning to Australia now, and such a forum would certainly be helpful should my considerations turn into action.

So my question: Where is the communication taking place nowadays? Is there a replacement forum?

Judi B
    Keymaster

I prefer here on the forum but most is now happening on facebook 🙁

Vanessa

Since ALS got hacked a while back and changes were made it really hasn’t been the same, and even before then activity had been dwindling, and sadly yes it seems that most of the ALS talk is now done via Facebook on the “Aussies Living Simply” Facebook Group.

I am yet to find a “replacement forum” for ALS but have noticed quite a few “familiar faces” on the Down to Earth forums (http://down—to—earth.blogspot.com.au/p/down-to-earth-forum.html) so you could try there if you wanted
    calliecat
    Participant

yes fb is just not the same, posts get lost on there, but no one seems to want to come back here

ballamara
    Keymaster

Sad but true, there are a few of us who are trying to keep the forum alive but it is a struggle.

Primlil

Hi Everyone,

Its been so long since I have been on here that my password would not work and I had to set up a new account!  I started here in 2005 when I was still living in Scotland and was organizing to move back to Australia we then had a few years of owning our own business and working VERY hard for 7 days a week for 4 years with 1/2 acre to look after and now another 4 years of living in suburbia – with no garden.. but things are on the move again and living simply take 3 is (fingers crossed) about to happen as we near settlement on a 2 acre property near Kuranda in FNQ….
    Anyhow would like to get back into the mindset of living simply as I havent been doing a very good job of it over the past few years…
    Maybe we can all work hard to get some more things happening on this forum.. it used to be great and people were so friendly and helpful…
    Alexandra
    ballamara
    Keymaster

Welcome back, Alexandra it is good to hear from you again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.