Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Hand Water Pumps for tank water

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Hand Water Pumps for tank water

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MistyHMistyH
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can find a hand water pump that can be used for an inground tank in the event of a power outage. Apparently, in the last power outage where we now live it took a week for the electricity to come back on as we’re pretty much at the end of the line up in the mountains. So, whilst we are looking at a gennie, I’d like to find a hand water pump to use for the inground tank.  I know you can get them in the USA but can’t find anything here in Aus. Thanks 🙂

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Have you tried e bay and the like for an old fashion water pump? or maybe Google should help. 

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Maybe this mob could help?
    http://www.rainwell.com.au/seat/care

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I can’t help with the pump, but have you thought about a tank on a stand higher than the taps that can gravity feed to the house?

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Even if you do find one on ebay it will be worn out and it would be hard to find spares

MistyHMistyH
    Participant

I saw that Steve and thought it was only for kids.  Looking into it further it may just work even if it’s on the small side.  A great job for the kiddos too 🙂 

Judi, we have thought of that.  Just where to put it lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.