Aussies Living Simply

Hand Operated Clothes Washer

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    jaden62jaden62

I understand that’s an American site, but what is a “gas washing machine”?

fruitfulfruitful

Redback Trading is and Australian company that imports a lot of stuff from America such as canners and ball & mason jars etc.

where did you see the gas washing machine?? :shrug:

jaden62jaden62

on this site

http://www.cleanairgardening.com/portable-washing-machine.html

posted by casalenta & talking about other washing machines/dryers, & the US versions of water tanks. It’s a laugh to see the site talking about how “big” they are, & looking out my back door at a 20,000 litre tank, & knowing that’s not really big in the scheme of things. I can remember having to explain to my girlfriend from the NorthEast of the US what a water tank was.

My husband (American – who also doesn’t know what a gas washing machine is) sent me the Redback Trading site, but I haven’t actually used it yet.

purplehatpurplehat

It’s so nice that they’re available here now! I ended up getting one as DH was visiting family in the US, so I ordered a couple so he could bring them back in his suitcase. Only, they arrived at his Mom’s house the day after he left to come home! Argh! Still, they were nice enough to ship them over. Wasn’t the cheapest way to go.. :dry:

Still, I’m really happy with mine. I love using it with delicates in a big blue bucket.. or for things that need a little extra cleaning and soaking.

fruitfulfruitful

I’m really glad to hear of someone else who has one and uses it purplehat, there are many items that are available in America that I would really like to own but the postage is a killer, often more expensive than the purchase price of the item you want – apparently there is a company that you can set up a delivery address with over there, and when the item arrives with them they ship it onto whatever address you have supplied, sounds like a roundabout way of paying postage but I may look into it and see if the postage costs are any less.

This is another items I was drooling over:

http://www.sunoven.com/products-page

Note that the product will be delivered free to any address in America but when you look into it everyone is charging at least the cost of the sun oven itself in postage to Australia!!

http://www.sunoven.com.au/Buy_Global_Sun_Oven_Solar_Cooker_Australia.html

Oh, wait, I see I am wrong, with the special price it is not double what you can get over there :dry: .

s.alexanders.alexander

Here’s my five cents worth: I call it the Post-Electric Deindustrial 2020 🙂 It cost me $2 and works perfectly well.

My Post-Electric Washing Machine: The Deindustrial 2020

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.