Aussies Living Simply

GTG Perth mid-January?

Home Forums Regional Groups Western Australia GTG Perth mid-January?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    julientuaregjulientuareg

Hopefully I’ll manage to make this one when organised.

John and ZoeJohn and Zoe

Hi everyone

Well, we’re now set up in our friends’ home in sunny Perth and looking forward to meeting up with fellow ALS’ers.

Zoe even brought her Thermomix with her. 😆

Regards

John

ladybugladybug

I would love to catch up for a GTG in January, anytime suits me at the moment, I would prefer somewhere kid friendly as I would have my little people with me but we are flexibile. Can’t wait to catch up with everyone.

daksadaksa

i am new to this site but would love to meet with like mided people here in the west. if my roster alowes me to come I will,

beccabecca

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year 🙂 I’m bumping this up again and wondered if we could have some ideas about where to meet and what dates would be suitable? Like Ladybug, I’ll have the children with me too, so somewhere child-safe, plus in the morning (to avoid the heat) would be best for us. We’re free pretty much any day at the moment but I imagine weekends probably suit most others better?

I’m quite happy to have you all over here for a brunch type thing (as it will force me to finally clean up the garden 😆 ) but I’m also aware that all of the GTGs we’ve had have been pretty north-focussed,and I don’t want to discourage anyone from the “south” from coming…

anyway, please share your thoughts, ideas, suggestions -thank you!

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

Hey Becca that is a generous offer! I would love to come but it must be weekends for me I am afraid. North would be good for me:D

daksadaksa

Hi Becca

there is a nice park at Kent St Wier, Willson; pretty central and not too big so we can find each other. It has toilets, a good play ground for kids, tables under shade and the park is on Canning river with a small beach for bigger kids. lots of parking.

Or if we don’t want near water Wireless Hill Park in Ardross just off Canning Road is also with good facilities,

Park, where we bring our own or to share would be good, then no one is left with the task of cleaning up.

23 or 24 of january (Sat,or sunday) I am off shift so that would be good time for me.

bdm6125bdm6125

I dont know the Wilson park, but I have been to the Wireless Hill park and can vouch for that too!

John and ZoeJohn and Zoe

Hi Becca

I think having our GTG in the early part of the day is a good idea.

Besides being kid-safe, we’ll need somewhere with shady trees and perhaps, bar-b-que facilities, if we decide to meet in a public place.

A few reasonably central spots that spring to mind are:

*Kings Park

*The Perth Zoo (cost of admission might be a bummer though)

*Bayswater river foreshore (shady gazebo’s and free gas barbies)

*Perth City Farm (inspiring location but lacking in facilities and, as far as I remember, is only open to the ‘public’ on saturday morning)

*Becca’s place:tup:

Regards

John

urban-wombaturban-wombat

Looks like I will miss out.. won’t be in Perth until mid February Col

beccabecca

Col, that’s a shame, we’ll have to catch up again when you’re up next. Although my parents are supposedly* moving down to Albany this year so I might be making some more trips down there and we could have an Albany GTG 🙂

Personally I like the sound of Wireless Hill, Bayswater and Kings Park (and my place, but that’s just ’cause I don’t have to travel anywhere heh heh). I know we’re a bit scattered so wherever we meet, it will mean travel for some of us.

Anyway, hopefully we’ll get some more input over the next week or so – I’ll keep bumping it up so others can see. As far as dates go, I reckon either 16/17th or 23rd/24th. What do you all think?

Hope you all stayed cool today! Some of my tomatoes actually cooked on the vine :rip:

*”supposedly” because they were going to move in September, then get there in time for Christmas, then it was the end of January, and now it’s mid-February. Not that they’re putting it off AT ALL…

daksadaksa

Hi Becca

If you are keen to have it at your place and you think there will not be huge numbers, why not? we can all still bring to share and help with the clean up. then we can orginise to have a round robin and meet at different houses over the year so we can share our successes or works in progress. good to have ecouragement, suggestions and support of others.

23/24 works for me because of work, but if I have to miss this one Ill try to make the next one. Thank you for working on this, it takes time and effort, we appreciate it. :tup:

bdm6125bdm6125

Where abouts are you Becca?? I dont mind meeting at your place either! Knowing your place is already ‘child friendly’ helps me out with my two girls too!

John and ZoeJohn and Zoe

Hi Becca

Just consulted Zoe’s diary and either the 16/17 or 23/24 are good at the moment.:)

As you can imagine, we have quite a few people to catch up with as we haven’t been back to Perth since November 2008. We’ll attempt to keep those dates clear for our GTG though.:tup:

Regards

John

julientuaregjulientuareg

Happy with 23/24 as well and as I live north your place is fine with me:wave: I think its a nice idea to move around peoples places that way we get to see first hand what people are doing, especially in their gardens and we all might pick up some good ideas and inspiration.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.