Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Growing your own pepper

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi all, just wondering if anyone grows their own pepper? We’re in subtropical Brisbane. I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells a pepper vine or seeds so I’d be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I’m willing to wait a few years (or more) for a crop.

They had a feature with pepper on Gardening Australia a couple of months ago which sparked my interest.

KasaliaKasalia

I saw this as well and have been trying to find it also.

veginoutveginout

Probably not much good for Northerners, but I have a Tasmanian pepper tree (Tasmannia lanceolata). It is only 50cm tall yet (2years) but I pull a leaf occasionally to spice up my stir fry.

This is the third try with them – the others cooked to a crip during the drought, current one is against south wall and shaded during summer.

I’m also using a lot more nasturtium leaves for their pepperiness.

SimoSimo
    SonyaSonya

I’ve got a pepper plant from Isabell Shipard at Nambour that’s thriving – there is a person selling Qld pepper at the kawana Farmers Markets on Saturday mornings.

Thanks Sonya, will try to sprout from seed but if it doesn’t happen I’ll try to get to the markets next time I’m in Nambour visiting MIL.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.