Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

"Green Meat" or green meat?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up "Green Meat" or green meat?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BullseyeBullseye
    MargoMargo

OH GROSS I would rather be vegetarian!

deeedeee

Its making tofu look really tasty (and I used to do tissue culture…….)

D

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Eeewww.. :rip:

lngferretterlngferretter

just like GM crops – no thanks:rip:

BobbeeBobbee

I agree with deee…..gimme the tofu.

:confused::confused::confused:

edensgateedensgate

Soylent Green, anyone?

BobbeeBobbee

Hey Jodie was that the movie where the govt made biscuits out of dead humans and fed them to the people? :rip::rip::rip:

:hug::hug::hug:

luvinluvin

ohh that is so gross

FeyWindFeyWind

If it was in something that I was only going to eat occasionally and knew was of negligable nutrient content – like a Maccas hamburger or a hot dog – I probably would.

These things are already over processed, chemically saturated and have little nutrient to them. I think that if Macca’s switched to Lab grown (and less greenhouse gas was produced from the entire manufacturing process of the Lab meat), there would be less methane around and feed lot cattle. Might be worthwhile for rubbish food like that. :shrug: Normal consumption though … :rip:

But then again, I did do molecular genetics at uni, and I didn’t do mammalian tissue culture (and hence get grossed out by the cultures). 😉

Shangri LaShangri La

oh yuk, hard to imagine it tasting any good. Now I see they are selling diced chicken in tins! If it’s anything like tinned crab it will be tasteless. I’d rather eat baked beans

MagpieMagpie

Hey Jodie was that the movie where the govt made biscuits out of dead humans and fed them to the people?

Soylent Green!! How could I ever forget!! 1973 movie, can’t remeber what I had for dinner last week, or where I put my keys last night, but man-oh-man, is that movie that is permanenly imbedded in my memory!! 😆

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

I bet the pigs would think it a great idea but my stomach churned when I read Bullseyes post!! :rip:

“and save some pigs.”

Uh, who exactly do they think is going to breed pigs at all if there isn’t a use for them? :shrug: Researching sustainable and ethical farming practices would be a much better use of resources.

edensgateedensgate

That’s the very one. Soylent Green has stuck with me too.

And I reckon people would turn right off Maccas if they knew it was cultured tissue – they’ve had to justify their meat so much in past years, but I reckon you’d get away with it in a Hot Dog. :confused:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.