Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Green Energy/Clean Energy – News, Documentaries, Reviews, Breakthroughs.

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION, ENERGY and WATER CONSERVATION Sustainable Energy & Energy Conservation Green Energy/Clean Energy – News, Documentaries, Reviews, Breakthroughs.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

At what price per litre?

BullseyeBullseye

Obviously no takers in over 3 years to answer this question. I said I wasn’t going to “spoon feed” answers to questions that people can readily find the answers.

Hydrogen is a gas, so it’s sold by weight not by the litre… Right?

BullseyeBullseye

ITM Power produces renewable hydrogen for fuel cell electric vehicles.

https://youtu.be/Pb7LgbJJGhk

You could find their price per Kg.

SnagsSnags

In 2014, Toyota said it would introduce its Toyota Mirai in Japan for less than $70,000 in 2015.
    Toyota will initially lose about $100,000 on each Mirai sold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_vehicle

BullseyeBullseye

New technology snags, development costs are high, nothing new there. What’s your point on new techs costs? No relevant point at all… The fact that the car is for sale and renewable hydrogen produced at parity to fossils fuels is available, it is to be celebrated.

How many times have I heard people, read their comments, over the years that this would never happen… “Greenwash” comments I recall, of prejudice personalities, who can’t take on new information and alter thinking.

Point in case, photovoltaic panels weren’t affordable for every roof either in their introduction, look where we are now – I have 22 on my roof, off grid. Enough surpluses to produce hydrogen for vehicles onsite.

It’s a good thing Toyota are offering for sale an incredibly environmentally sound zero emmissions vehicle at an affordable price. Look at the costs of a new landcruiser! I know you understand these hydrogen cars and numerous other vehicles will only become cheaper as will renewable hydrogen as production numbers and cheaper fuel cells in the next few years go into vehicles. You know cost falls upon increasing scale of production, right? New tech has renewable hydrogen produced onsite of refilling stations at half of current price in two years.

Here’s Toyota’s prime-mover hydrogen truck.

BullseyeBullseye

Now if you had pulled this info out you’d have had to use a much lower cost for Mirai in Japan in 2014 of $57,000.. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Mirai

“Sales in Japan began on 15 December 2014 at a price of ¥6.7 million (~US$57,400) at Toyota Store and Toyopet Store locations. The Japanese government plans to support the commercialization of fuel-cell vehicles with a subsidy of ¥2 million (~US$19,600).[12] Retail sales in the U.S. began in August 2015 at a price of US$57,500 before any government incentives”

So what is your point of using the inaccurate more expensive example of $70,000 for Mirai?

SnagsSnags

Just quoting a source,like you………..bottom line is all new technology will have to be affordable to have an impact ……I spend about $300 a year on petrol for me to convert to a new tech,it needs to add up…..when my car needs replacing I will probably get a second hand hybrid…….although it will depend on if I move to a more urban environment because hybrids are more efficient in stop start motoring than in long country drives……….If I had heaps of money I could buy a Tesla or a Hydrogen car and but it would probably be cheaper to rent helicopters at the moment……this doesnt mean it wont get cheaper in the future,probably just not in my future though

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.