Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Go nuts!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RommieRommie

My mum had a craving for nuts, so she bought a few packets – and then discovered that with her dental issues she was having a devil of a time trying to eat them.

“Would you like some nuts, Rommie?” :laugh: I have walnuts, cashews and Brazils.

So what to do with ’em?

The cashews are great as a stirfry topping – or addition. And a great snack on their own.

The walnuts I have turned into a slice with this recipe:

Sift 1 and 1/2 cups plain flour, 1/3 cup custard powder and 1/2 tsp baking powder into a bowl. Rub in 100g cold cubed butter, then add 1 egg and mix to a soft dough. Press into a greased and lined 18 x 20cm lamington pan and bake at 180C (or 160C fan) for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile melt 60g butter on low heat; add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup golden syrup and 2 tbsp SR flour, sifted. Stir for 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth.

Sprinkle 1 and 1/2 cups coarsely chopped nuts (macadamias, walnuts or flaked almonds) across the base and pour over the caramel. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in the pan and cut into pieces to serve.

Now, what to do with the Brazils? :shrug:

So ALSers, what are your favourite things to do with nuts?

Attached files

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

did you know that 3 brazil nuts per day, give you your selenium requirement

selenium is an anti cancer trace element – that our soils are now very sadly lacking

BobbeeBobbee

That pic looks delicious, yum! :clap:

:hug:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.