Aussies Living Simply

Geese wanted for a lonely Gander!

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Backyard livestock Geese wanted for a lonely Gander!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Cindy

BlueWren wrote:

My goodness! This is getting more like an online goose dating service every day! But in no way am I under estimating the pain of owners and grieving geese.I do hope they are all repartnered soon.

Hey Blue Wren maybe there’s a gap in the market for an online goose dating site 😉

Cindy

Just a quick note to say thank-you to Fred and his lovely family for delivering Bubble to us today – she is just gorgeous and Lester is a very happy man-goose 😀

Bubble is very sweet – I just went out to put her away for the night and she was having a quick dip (it’s freezing here). It took a little while to work out how to duck her head and get in through the pop hole – but I’m glad to say both Lester and Bubble are safely locked up in they honeymoon suite getting to know each other a little better ;):D

FRED

Glad to here Bubble is settling in just fine. We had a successful trip to the poultry auction, 2 plymouth bantam pullets and 6 pekin x silkies as of yet unsexed, all settling in as well as can be expected.

BlueWren

So glad to hear the good news that Lester and Bubble are together!:clap: :clap:

I’m so glad your Lester got a Bubble, my poor Sarah is still calling every day for a mate and no one comes..

I think Geese are very rare where I live!!

becca

Aw, I love a happy ending!!

Cindy

Well the ending has just got happier – Bubble is nesting (she obviously quite happy with her new home :)). She’s currently sitting on four eggs and both Lester and Bubble are getting quite defensive – soooooo there just might be some baby Bubble’s running around soon. I’m not an expert – I thought that the mating season was over, but not for those two lovebirds :blush:

BlueWren

Good news Cindy!! Get the camera ready please!

FRED

That is fantastic bubble and lester are happy together, with a bit of luck you might have some goslings around soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.