Aussies Living Simply

Geese

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jye

Hi,

I’ve just purchased my first pair of geese. They are two amazing Chinese geese and they certainly are noisy!

Has anyone else got geese? I hope to use them in my orchard for weed and grass a management but I’d also like to show them.

Hopefully next year I might get some Toulouse geese.

lmd80

I would love geese one day. Currently I have Indian runners and chooks. What do they require?

Ashilleong

George was talking about geese just this morning, but wasn’t coming up with many reasons for keeping them. Serious, and not at all mean spirited question; why do people keep geese?

Jye

Geese are excellent weeders especially with uncontrollable grass ๐Ÿ™‚ there also great to watch and have real personalities. Most people have had bad experiences with geese and don’t give them a chance but I think there excellent. They don’t require anything special just a safe spot to sleep at night away from foxes! They also happily eat chook food and get on fine with them most of the time. Anyone else have geese? Good or bad stories?

Geoff
    Keymaster

Geese also taste very nice, for those who are that way inclined… Much nicer than dry old turkey!

Jye

Ow never tried them!

Ashilleong

I think George may have been chased by one as a young ‘un and has some unresolved issues ๐Ÿ™‚

Jye

Lol we’ll let him revolve his issues :p ! I had to comprise with my fiancรฉe to get geese! So we also got a little kitten! But he keeps the mice away from all my chook and geese food so It wasn’t such a bad trade off ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jaiman

geese are wonderful watchdogs

Ashilleong

We’ll start with chickens and see how we go. I had him binge watching River Cottage (the old one with Hugh) so he’s feeling receptive at the moment …:)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.