Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

G'day from WA!

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself G'day from WA!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RhonRhon

:wave: Hello to everyone and yep … another newbie to play with.

I’m currently living in Manjimup … a smallish town in the south-west of Western Australia. My husband works for one of the big four banks so we tend to move every few years or so … and we collect friends along the way.

Manjimup has just under 10,000 people living in the town and surrounding areas of the Shire. We’re surrounded by natural bushland, man-made and natural forests, vineyards, orchards, lush farming land, a couple of trufferies and some of the most awesome trees you’ve ever seen.

Walpole … where the REALLY big trees grow is only an hour or so south of here. The coastal tourist town of Albany is mere two hours drive south-east and we’re 90mins away from Busselton and Bunbury … with Margaret River about two hours away. Manjimup seems to be slap bang in the middle of a few really good places to visit … so we’re happy to be here and can have day trips to all sorts of lovely spots.

Hubby and I have two little men aged 10yrs and 7yrs. He’s a business banker, I’m a fulltime Mum who volunteers regularly at the school for several literacy sessions. Due to moving all the time we rent our homes and this time round we’re lucky enough to have a couple of fruit trees, a thriving mini-herb garden and one mutant tomato plant that seems to add a few more baby tomatoes every night!

I joined after seeing an article in the online news, although I can’t remember which paper though as I read three online versions! I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone and of course to find my way around the forum!

roundthebendroundthebend

Welcome aboard Rhon……………a lot of newbies joining up from todays article…………..all of which are welcome:wave:

John and ZoeJohn and Zoe

Welcome Rhon

There’s a few ALS members down this way but as yet, we haven’t managed to atch up with any of them.

Regards

John

mary dollmary doll

wdelcome

you live in a wonderful part of w.a.

md- nor:wave:

welcome aboard:tup:

Hi Rhon and welcome.

RhonRhon

Thanks so much for the warm welcome … I’ve not had much time to visit of late but I’ll keep coming in when I can.

John and Zoe … I’m a former Albany girl and my hubby is a former Albany boy … you also live in a great spot!

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Gooday Rhon and welcome to ALS:wave:

Was down that way lets see…….um about 27 years ago:o Must be overdue for another visit.

Hope you enjoy the journey to simple living:tup:

GiannaGianna

Welcome Rhon. :wave:

FatimaFatima
    Participant

Hi Rhon.:wave: Welcome to ALS.

RhonRhon

Thanks to Fatima, Gianna and Tassie Tiger for the welcome. I’ve not had time to visit much this past week but I hope to remedy it 🙂

BobbeeBobbee

Hello Rhon, :wave:

It’s nice to meet you.

sewing ladysewing lady

good morning and welcome

John and ZoeJohn and Zoe

Rhon wrote:

John and Zoe … I’m a former Albany girl and my hubby is a former Albany boy … you also live in a great spot!

Hi Rhon

We’re only newcomers from Perth and will have been down here 2 years at the end of July. Very glad we made the move.:tup:

Regards

John

John and ZoeJohn and Zoe

Tassie Tiger wrote:

Was down that way lets see…….um about 27 years ago:o Must be overdue for another visit.

Let’s know when you’re coming over again TT.:)

Regards

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.