Aussies Living Simply

Gas outage, Southern Highlands NSW

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    roadwarrior

You girls (not Bella) are so soft! Come on, get into the low energy spirit and have a cold 1L sponge bath! If you’re too soft even for this, it is fairly easy just to heat a single litre of water enough to wash by, but the old timers didn’t 🙂 :tup:

bella

Oh rw, don’t worry, I’m soft-as! :p I *love* a hot shower with some lovely soap after milking and mucking-out time each afternoon… I cannot imagine getting that smell of mud and cow manure off me with 1L of cold water. LOL I even wash the cow’s udder with a bucket of clean hot water each afternoon I milk. LOL

roadwarrior

Now that’s my kinda gal! A pale of milk in one hand and a slab of butter in the other. If I’d known you 10 years ago my wife wouldn’t have had a chance 🙂

Iduna

Roadwarrior, I have had to do the 1lt cold water shower/baths before, once for a 3 month stint when I was about 12/13 when we didn’t have any water and there was a disbute between the housing trust and water sa. We had a small tank that was for everything and it had to last. Again when I was 15 in hospital for about a month when I had had some surgery, at lest then it was luke warm. I can have a 1 min hot shower if I shave my head again. I am happy to go shaved if I can have one min of hot water.

Sprite

Yes I got a text message at 2.30am and was so curious I got up to find out who was texting me. Most disappointed to see the gas company on the screen, and not some dark and handsome stranger, particularly as we are not on town gas. Told hubby and he said to “turn off the bottled gas”. I guess he must have been very asleep at the time.

I think it was a blanket phone message to all mobiles in the area, rather like the bushfire alert system.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.