Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Fruit 'n Veg n' Egg Stall

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    bluezbanditbluezbandit

What about a Nashi GoodLifer!

Deb

gypsyoakgypsyoak

Good luck with it! Looks beautiful!:tup:

BronBron

‘this apple is sure to disappoint’ :clap:

Good LiferGood Lifer

A Nashi Deb? Right, I’ll put that on the list of possibilities. And a feral plum too Murphyslaw … there are a few next door so bound to be a feral seedling nearby. Shangri la – I have done some freelance graphic art work over the years, but have never taken it very seriously. I might one day (have to think of ways to earn a quid when I quit the corporate world!).

Kristal … I’m with Phoenix … awesome plants at your place, even if you deny credit for them! And yes, swing by my place sometime – we’re on the same side of the river!

Good LiferGood Lifer

Update! My builder arrived this morning and started putting up the frame! Will take photos tonight when I get home …

lynnielynnie

yah yah GF… when will he have it ready??

Good LiferGood Lifer

Its a between-the-jobs job, so he will finish it off when he has the next gap in his schedule. No rush, as I have no surplus produce to sell at the moment. He did more than the frame today – it has all its walls as well. Coming along nicely!

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Hi GL, just wondering how you were going with the Fruit & Veg stall?

bushybushy

Another thing to think about, if the stall faces north you will need a larger awning or as some ppl do, use a roll down blind to shield the fruit from the sun.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

*Bump*

Good LiferGood Lifer

Update then! Yes, it has been built. No, it has not been in use yet, apart from me putting some of my apple harvest in there just to take a photo! Truth is, it probably won’t be in use for a couple of years, when I get some better systems in place and don’t work full time.

For the full story, check out EG’s Backyard Farmer out in September … 😉

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Thanks GL, thats one hell of a beautiful stall. I want one. :tup::clap: Check out the Apples :jawdrop: cant wait till my trees are producing like that. Well done.

BTW your inbox is full :uhoh:

epiphany_epiphany_

Good Lifer wrote:

And I like the idea of a mulberry tree but they are rather slow growing. Hmmm … I await inspiration …

Probably depends a bit on variety…I have a King Shahtoot mulberry that went from a 30cm stick to over 6′ tall over spring & summer this year. And that included me pruning it twice to try & keep it smaller!

Good luck with your stall…it looks really lovely 😀

Good LiferGood Lifer

Epiphany, that is exactly the tree I want! I came across it in my research, and read all about it, and decided that is the tree I want to plant. But sadly they are not available in Tasmania, and there is no mainland wholesaler who has them and can ship to Tasmania. Believe me, I tried! I rang everyone I could think of.

And I’m still sulking about it … :noapprove:

kerripkerrip

We planted one of the mulberry’s yesterday. I hope mine grows like yours did

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.