Aussies Living Simply

Free permaculture course

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Permaculture Principles Free permaculture course

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    casalenta

I just learned about this free permaculture course: http://www.permaculturedesigntraining.com/

I’ve only just signed up so can’t comment on it other than to say it’s there, but there doesn’t seem to be any catch.

ballamara
    Keymaster

free is definitely the right price so will have a look when I have a bit more time

Andre
    Keymaster

Thanx casalenta

I’ve done a PDC years ago, but not been in a position to do much with it.

Worse case scenario, this would be an ideal refresher … maybe with some different aspects thrown in.

:tup:

purplehat

Thanks for this link! Can never get enough permaculture stuff. 😀

Mukluk
    Participant

I think that there may be a few free permaculture courses around at the moment, which can only be a good thing. I found one that is only 40 hours duration and was put together by some american university

http://permacultureideas.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/introduction-to-permaculture-free.html

Unfortunately I can not comment on how good it is as I only found it after I had already enrolled in and completed most of a cert iv permaculture from tafe.

veginout

Thanks for those links – always good to learn – and free is the best price.

Like others at ALS, I was really excited to find out about this free course! I was even more excited when I found out that one of the main instructors is Larry Korn (who was the editor and translator of Masanobu Fukuoka’s book “The One-Straw Revolution” – in addition to being a permaculture instructor and landscape designer).

I’ve just completed watching the first 5 segments of the “permaculture fundamentals” portion of the course. Overall, I’ve been happy so far. (Although, to be fair, there has been some criticism by others that the initial videos were a bit clumsy and didn’t include the reference slides).

Even though I’m quite familiar with the introductory material (ethics and principles), I’m really enjoying hearing Larry’s stories (especially of his time living on Fukuoka’s farm). And, as Larry is a soil scientist (and soil is his passion), I’m also really looking forward to that part of the course…

Has anyone else taken a look yet? If so, please share your thoughts…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.