Aussies Living Simply

FREE Barnevelder (purebred) Cockerel – HOME FOUND

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Seed Exchange and Traders Market FREE Barnevelder (purebred) Cockerel – HOME FOUND

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RoquenRoquen

Hi all! I raised some chicks and looks like we only ended up with one boy! He needs a new home asap as I can’t have roosters here. Not crowing yet. Has been handled a bit. Going to be absolutely stunning, great breeding prospect. Hatched in march.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Someone take him quick! He will be the most gorgeous bird.My Mr Clogs ,Barnevelder rooster,is a perfect gentleman and cares for his girls so well.He gives them little titbits of food,and has never shown a moment’s aggression to me.Having said that he rarely eats while I am in the run,just watches me while I get eggs, put out feed etc.You were so lucky to get just one boy to home ……I had eight!

BobbeeBobbee

:wave:

Chicken soup??????? 👿 👿

Bobbs picks up her skirts and runs like the clappers for cover. 😛 😛

Sorry, couldn’t resist…….didn’t really mean it………really….

Bobbs :whistle: :whistle:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

BlueWrenBlueWren

ABSOLUTELY NOT BOBBEE………… 🙂 🙂

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Well we live nearby but DH doesn’t want a rooster but if you get an excess of girls and want to get rid of a couple let me know!

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Ok so now DH is asking if you’ll toss a few girls in with the rooster :laugh: :laugh: I’m getting there, I’m getting there albeit slowly :whistle:

We don’t have any other chickens here so would be starting from scratch. DH said they had a rooster when he was growing up and it chased one of his sisters down a ramp pecking at her :blink:

BobbeeBobbee

:laugh: :laugh:

Thought you might say that BlueWren. :woohoo: I just had to follow the impulse.

:whistle:

Take care,

Bobbs :hug: :hug:

BlueWrenBlueWren

Bobbee post=315270 wrote: :laugh: :laugh:

Thought you might say that BlueWren. :woohoo: I just had to follow the impulse.

:whistle:

Take care,

Bobbs :hug: :hug:

I know you knew…….that’s why I said it. :laugh: Hope you get the gorgeous boy mistyh.

If this fellow is as gentlemanly and elegant as my Mr Clogs you won’t have any aggression problems.

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Thanks BlueWren. Have pm’d Roquen so we’ll have to see. I think I have talked DH into getting him if he’s still available, he wants to have some girls too though. I don’t know if Roquen has any. Does anyone know where I can get them from as this breed looks like a good sort to have? 🙂

BronBron

our barnie boy at school is very scary looking (those spurs!) but as gentle as lamb. i bet your dh’s roo as a child was a leghorn. nasty boys those ones, if they want to be.

RoquenRoquen

Hi all thanks for the replies sorry I’m a bit slow to get back here have been away on a horsey adventure!

Will check my pm’s today 🙂 I have some girls but they aren’t available, spent a long time finding this breed and they will be stayling :laugh: I may have some 2 yo laying hens (isa browns) for sale $5 each though to make a bit more room if anyone wants them though.

Oh this boy is SO not going on the dinner table, he is far too handsome !

Cheers

Ness

BlueWrenBlueWren

Bron post=315353 wrote: our barnie boy at school is very scary looking (those spurs!) but as gentle as lamb. i bet your dh’s roo as a child was a leghorn. nasty boys those ones, if they want to be.

Yes.My Mr Clogs has such huge spurs I’m surprised he doesn’t trip himself up!But on a related subject he doesn’t do any “damage” to the girls when mating,which he is not averse to doing frequently at over three years old.This could be because he’s so quick!!! :laugh: Blink and you’d miss it but for a flattened chook straightening up her feathers.Had a very good hatch rate from the eggs.Only chook I had that literally just chucked him off was a huge white lump of a bird who did go broody, was a terrible mother and who then became egg bound and died.Good luck mh!You’ll love him.

BlueWrenBlueWren

mistyhollows post=315331 wrote: Thanks BlueWren. Have pm’d Roquen so we’ll have to see. I think I have talked DH into getting him if he’s still available, he wants to have some girls too though. I don’t know if Roquen has any. Does anyone know where I can get them from as this breed looks like a good sort to have? 🙂

You’d probably find some closer but http://www.poultrypals.com.au near Murgon, qld breeds them and they do deliver personally to NSW.

RoquenRoquen

Still available, for the love of god someone save the rooster ! 🙂

awww patience please 🙂 if he starts crowing lock him up in a cat crate in a shed at night under a blanket n crowing at night problem fixed :).

i would grab him in an instance if circumstance was difference ( or it was 2 months in the future)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.