Aussies Living Simply

fowlers vacola jar sizes

Home Forums HOMEMADE Home Preserving, Food Storage and Stockpiling fowlers vacola jar sizes

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

barefoot_misty post=330980 wrote: Bushy, I just found this old post in a google search after I sorted all my vacola stuff out this morning. I think I have a few lids to spare ( stainless) , but what about clips and rings, where the heck to get them from?

And at the same time I am chasing 4 1/4 inch top bits. Rings/clips/lids.

mitre 10 B_M, or try our local hardware, they used to sell fowlers stuff, but not sure if they still do, but mitre 10 def do

I was testing this morning and I didn’t like the chances of getting the 3 clip on the 3 1/2.. seemed too much pressure, the 4 does fit on their, but a little sloppy for my liking. Also worried about stressing the seals by over stretching them.

They are a hard size to find Callie, but Mtr 10 in Kroy now has a whole vacola section, not just some clips and lids stashed at the end of an isle, noticed the other day, was quite surprised.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

found this again via google lol – looking for something else

thanks BM, will go look next time I’m there

farmchickfarmchick
    GirlFridayGirlFriday

You can get the 4 1/4 lids and clips on ebay

chesterchester

Gosh this is really an old thread! Anyway I just bought 9 X size 20 jars but don’t think lids, rubbers and clips come with the deal. Not in the picture or description but just maybe I get lucky. Any idea what size lids I wwill need for them?

GiannaGianna

Size 3 lids, clips and rubber rings Chester. 🙂

chesterchester

Thanks Gianna

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.