Aussies Living Simply

Folks this aint normal – Joel Salatin

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Folks this aint normal – Joel Salatin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    espinay2

the new book out by Joel Salatin (“Folks this aint normal”) looks like it will be well worth reading! :tup:

Here is a video of him talking about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnL3JAjXT0g

mauzi

Thanks for the link. He puts so eloquently into words what many of us think. Looks like a good read.

Neata

Thanks :tup: yes he explains it so well. Off to the book shop I go :whistle:

dianne
    Participant

:clap: dont you just love listerning to him talk :tup:

Bobbee

Thanks for that link Espinay2. :tup: Sounds like the kind of book to give for Christmas presents. :clap:

:hug:

weaver

Hi passion is amazing and really comes through in his writing and public speaking. This is going straight on my Christmas list. :tup:

BlueWren

Currently $26.80 at The Book Depository , free worldwide shipping………….sooooooo tempted.Only just published so doubt it will be in the libraries yet.It says pub 1/12/11 and there seems to be a much more expensive version at TBD too, published earlier, as in 11/11.

roadwarrior

He’s so me, ‘cept he’s got a farm and a cooler hat.

And a book…

and people who laugh at his jokes…

ok so he’s not me. I think I’ll go to bed and quit while I’m behind.

mauzi

😆 roadwarrior, you get your message across as well.

busylizzie
    Participant

Ive read a couple of his boosk now, and he just “gets it”, very interesting reads. Thanks for posting about his new book :tup:

weaver

I decided to buy it for DH for Christmas rather than put it on a list for me. DH is in love with Joel Salatin and I even managed to get geese (after 9 years of hankering after them) because Joel has them with his chookies and swears by them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got it from Fishpond for $21.95 with no delivery charge :tup:

karyn26

Hi Weaver,that’s makes 2 of us in love with Joel.

He stole my heart in Albury last August.

I could listen to him talk forever.

He is so passionate about everything he does and the way he encourages the younger people to strive for their dreams is amazing.

mountainmum

What is it about this man??? Every time I hear him speak I have an incredible urge to run out and do something positive and worthwhile! :tup: He is so motivational but in such a down-to-earth (literally) kind of way.

Thanks for the book info, I reckon I’ll be buying myself a present 😉

weaver

I gave this book to DH for Christmas but I am the one reading it :woohoo: :jawdrop: :blush:

It is fantastic. I love the way he writes and his use of language is sensational (you can tell he has a degree in English).

I am only a couple of chapters in so far but it is well worth grabbing if you can get it. :tup:

I got a cook book for Christmas that I’m going to take back to the shop to swap for Joels book!

For those who have read other books of his, what are your favourite ones and why?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.