Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Finally Hitting the Road

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Finally Hitting the Road

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Well, I am now on the big island. Currently staying with my sister at Cranbourne so if anyone in the area needs some handyman type work doing I am available for a reasonable hourly rate depending on the nature of the work. Also have experience in clerical and admin work.

Cheer

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Just an update. I am still on the big island and currently in Mallacoota. Lovely spot. Found the Gippsland Lakes area really nice. Will be heading up into NSW in the next week or so and probably be around the Eden Bega area for a while so if anyone needs some work done or you know someone who does then my bank balance would welcome the boost.

If you want to see my blog go to http://www.thisnomandthing.blogspot.com.au

Cheers

Wayne

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Just an update. I am still on the big island and currently in Mallacoota. Lovely spot. Found the Gippsland Lakes area really nice. Will be heading up into NSW in the next week or so and probably be around the Eden Bega area for a while so if anyone needs some work done or you know someone who does then my bank balance would welcome the boost.

Cheers

Wayne

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

G’day TT

I’ve been reading your blogs mate.

Looks like you are enjoying yourself. Hope I’m in a position to utilise your skill-set down the track, but at the moment, thing$$ are pretty sparse here .. still waiting for ‘it’.

I’ll keep you posted.

:whistle:

bluezbanditbluezbandit

not letting me do a live link either. bummer

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Thank you to all those who have expressed concern to Lady B re my current status etc.

My trip to the big island came to an end in September. I ticked off a couple of must sees from my bucket list but finances and anxiety attacks got the better of me I had to return to Melbourne and then home to Hobart. Currently looking for some work to get the finances back on track and putting some strategies in place to deal with the ongoing anxiety attacks.

I hope you all had a safe and happy Christmas. I hope 2014 is a prosperous and positive year for you.

Cheers

PS: If you would like to read about my travels you can go to my blog: http://www.thisnomadthing.blogspot.com.au It starts in with the April post.

Well at least if you have to be ill you are in the right place to be doing it. Welcome back to Tassie (albeit belatedly).

bluezbanditbluezbandit

Hope you can nail those anxiety attacks and put them in their place, behind you. Best of luck for finding work. I was concerned for you seeing there were no updates. Its the mother in me coming out.

BelBel

Sorry to hear your travels didn’t go quite as you had planned. Here’s hoping your anxiety attacks are soon under control and so are the finances. Good to see you back on ALS tho 🙂

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Thank you all for your concern and support. Its a bit of a chicken and egg situation at the moment. Anxiety attacks destroy your self confidence which does not help when you are seeking to convince someone they should employ you which in turn doesn’t help with self confidence and finances and so on and so forth…… You don’t have to be in the rat race to be a on treadmill 🙁 :shrug:

Ah yes. That is exactly what my 15 months work did to me last year. So totally with you on that. It took me over 12 months to get back on track. All I can suggest is you stop looking for work for a bit. You are ill and they should be able to support you through this (mind you with the idiot in charge at present unless you are a billionaire you may find it tricky to get government support). Focus on healing activities like gardening, hanging with good friends and enjoying the pleasures of frugal living.

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Thanks for the advice. Its somewhat difficult to focus on anything for to long at the moment. Its a major effort to sit down and write a job application. A sense of having little or no purpose doesn’t help either. Some days worse than others and this time of year is a bit of a mixed bag with high highs 🙂 and low lows 🙁 abounding.

I read somewhere, FB I think, that anxiety is worrying about the future and depression is worrying about the past and the answer, you guessed it, is to live in the present. Easier said than done :shrug:

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Take care TT. Be kind to yourself, your sense of purpose will return. Sometimes it would be lovely to have an on/off switch in your brain so you can stop the never ending spiral and just chill.

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Yep Steve :tup: You know where the shop is that sells them???? :huh:

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

No unfortunately. I reckon I’d make a fortune if I could patent something like that.

Distraction is pretty good. I like reading (fantasy for me, it isn’t real) or getting out and pottering in the yard. Also a different group of people, I joined a book club. And took up bush walking though it is too hot for that at present. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.