Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Finally Hitting the Road

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Finally Hitting the Road

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Hello All :wave:

Long time no post 🙁

I mentioned some time ago in various posts that it was my intention to hit the road and do the grey nomad thing well………the time has finally come :jawdrop:

I am heading off over the March longweekend down here in Tassie. If you want to know details then I would welcome your visit to my blog at http://www.thisnomadthing.blogspot.com

As a consequence of this decision I am further down sizing my lifestyle. I currently occupy a space of approx 54 square meters and will be reducing that to around 12 square meters.

Lots of stuff needs to go so if you are in the Hobart/southern Tassie area I have some great bargains available this coming Saturday and Sunday. If you want details you can pm me or I will be putting an ad in the garage sale section of Saturdays Mercury. Suffice it to stay that there are lots of building/reno materials and other goodies available that could be of use to some of you ALSers (sorry Andre the freight would be a killer :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: )

Look forward to seeing some of you on the weekend.

Cheers :tup:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

All the best for your travels TT.. do you have a plan, or are you travelling ‘by the seat of your pants ?’

If you find yourself anywhere near the Yarra Valley.. you would be most welcome here 🙂

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Dang!.. Freight costs are a killer, I agree. :jawdrop:

Simple remedy, just strap it to the top of your van when you come to visit. 😉

I’ll pm you an update on ‘progress so far’ – which is minimal!

In the meantime, happy travels. I pop over to the blog regularly.

:whistle:

BobbeeBobbee

Safe and happy travelling Tassie Tiger. :tup:

And ditto to what Hummers said. 🙂

dierichdierich
    Participant

Good on you TT! Safe travelling, look forward to reading of your adventures.

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Thanks for the kind wishes one and all. I will let you all know where I am via posts here and on the blog.

I am taking my tools with me(self taught wood butcher 😉 🙂 ) and will be looking to keep the finances topped up by finding some paid casual work and/or exchange for accommodation etc so I might be of some use to you. I am thinking of registering with the Woofer people. Anyone had any experience with this?

Cheers

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Tassie Tiger post=353767 wrote:

I am thinking of registering with the Woofer people. Anyone had any experience with this?

Cheers

No, not personally.. however I have often considered becoming a wwoofer host.

But I have a friend who runs an organic farm & sells produce at markets, she is forever hosting woofers at her place 🙂

ETA.. I’d be happy to put you in touch with her. She is in the beautiful Yarra Valley 🙂

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

No experience or advice here either TT .. but I am also going to be a wwoofer host… one day …

RobyneRobyne

Good luck with your trip wish you a safe and happy trip :tup:

bluezbanditbluezbandit

Will be following your adventures with great interest.

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

TT .. I’ve subscribed to your blog! :tup:

I had to laugh though .. peak hour traffic in Tassie …??? :jawdrop:

:whistle:

BobbeeBobbee

Now now Andre, no need to be rude. :woohoo: :laugh:

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

TT .. curious.. what is the van?

I can see it is a Mitsubishi …. but.. 4wd?

Cool

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Thanks one and all for your kind wishes and comments.

Andre dear oh dear oh dear you know full well that when you get a lot of horses and carts all on the road together it can take quite a while to clear them 😉 😉 😉 🙂

The Mitshubishi is a Delica which is basically a Pajero with a different body. I imported it from Japan about 12 months ago. They were never sold here in the 4wd format which is surprising given the Aussie love affair with suburban based 4wds !!! The closest in body shape is the Starwagon.

Big first day of the garage sale today. Will be back at it first thing tomorrow.

Cheers

cheekygirlcheekygirl

Good luck on the trip! I’ll be checking the blog to see how you’re going.

Haven’t done the wwoffing ourselves but have been thinking about it, (everytime we come back in exhausted from working and trying to do everything ourselves outside)but have known a couple of people who have had people stay and they thought it was fantastic. In fact one couple I know have done it for some time and have kept in contact with the people who stayed – one couple from Canada invited them to their wedding last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.