Aussies Living Simply

Feather babys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Iduna

My eggs hatched yesterday ( I don’t think that came out right). I have little Houdan x and silke feather babys. They are just so cute. It’s going to be hard to work out what ones I want to keep. It’s not as easy as I thought it was going to be working out what colour they are going to grow up to be. Some I can work out easy, like black. I think I have a buff and a partridge to.

I’ll try to add better photos if I can get my camera working.

epiphany_

Awww…so cute! Congrats on your new chickies!

nlac

So cute and fluffy! well done!

roogz

Hi iduna- congratulations:clap:

once the wing feathers start to grow you’ll geta beter idea of colour – by about 6 weeks of age you can tell for sure – apart from colours like birchen and spangled that often take untill the birds have ther teenage moult about 12-14 weeks.

Cheers

Roogz

Janine

They are so beautiful congratulations! There is nothing quite like newly hatched chickens. 😀

Bron

they are so darned cute!

my pekin hatched 5 last week (4 pekins and one pekin/australorp by the looks of her), and we tucked another 3 full size australorps under her, which she took straight away). i love looking out the window at the fluffballs.

jennifer g

sweet! little fluffy lovelies!

gremmbles

I love chickens. 😀

Iduna

They are just so cute and fast, it’s hard taking a group photo as the move around alot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.