Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Favourite Recipe Swap – 2009

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Swappers Central Favourite Recipe Swap – 2009

Viewing 10 posts - 226 through 235 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    jaymesjaymes

sigh 🙁

jaymesjaymes

yay!!! yippee!!! yay!!!!

My swap arrived today just in time for Christmas! Thank you very much to the lovely Lady B for arranging the swap and for sending some lovely recipes, especially the cidre baked ham one 😉

weaverweaver

I went to the local store this morning (doubles as a post office but a pretty poor one) to get the paper and there sitting on a table was a package for me. Yes it was the original of my recipe swap post marked October and correctly addressed!!!!!!!!! It somehow ended up gathering dust at the store for a couple of months :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Is this the one you sent or the one you were meant to receive?

(pretty poor effort on the part of the post office agency either way)

weaverweaver

The one I was meant to receive and did receive by email when it seemed all hope was lost. This is the original. If it wasnt such poor form I would be laughing!!!!!!!!

jilumasamjilumasam

well!! that’s pretty good you found the originals, but pretty bad you had to wait so long to find the originals. Hope you really enjoy your recipes now!!!!

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

I hope you’ve put it on them for some compensation!

Imagine if it was mail order plants! They’d all have snuffed it by now (either that or grown rampant and taken over the post office) 🙂

weaverweaver

We all (our little community) laugh about the store and how inept they are. It is a regular topic at community events. I only ever go there for the newspaper or in search of lost mail. They of course blame someone else who should have carded the parcel or the driver of the mail van who must have put it in the wrong box etc. etc, Better just to laugh and tell everyone the story.

Shangri LaShangri La

Haven’t been on here much since moving house in November so i didn’t track down my SB but thank you so much for the recipes and seeds. Any clues Lady B?

ps I love Mark Knopfler’s solo albums but haven’t got Shangri La – must request it for my birthday!

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Shangri La; your swap buddy is a small, possibly Cornish person who likes a drink.

Viewing 10 posts - 226 through 235 (of 235 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.