Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Favourite Recipe Swap – 2009

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Swappers Central Favourite Recipe Swap – 2009

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Roll up, roll up. Time to get the next swap underway and voting earlier in the year means that it’s a Favourite Recipe Swap.

So, important dates are:

If you want to join, PM to me by 4th October

I’ll announce swap buddies by 11th October (possibly before)

ALL POSTING TO BE DONE BY 31st OCTOBER

If we can stick to these dates, we should be able to wrap this one up by early November and squeeze in the op shop swap before Christmas. If it drags on like this last one did, then we won’t have time.

So who wants to join in the Favourite Recipe Swap?

PMs to me to include your address please.

Barb

JadeJade

Hi 🙂 sorry, I’m a newbie here, but is it just that you send a copy of your favourite recipe to the other person or how does it work? Thanks!

kiwirachkiwirach

hi, can i also ask for some more info….i’ve read the swap rules and have an understanding of how it all works.

could i as an overseas member join in? is it something that can be done by email….being as it appears we’re sending a recipe, or is there more to it than that.

thanks.

I am guessing for this one an overseas person could join in just fine. I am assuming we will just be posting a favourite recipe to our swap buddy who will be assigned by lot once the names have been registered with Lady B. These swaps and RAKs and raffles are great fun if you have never been involved in one before.

HerbmanHerbman

Me please. PM on the way

jilumasamjilumasam

I’m in!!! I’ve already got my 4 recipes lined up …It’s going to be hard to pick which of the 4 recipes to use…

PM on its way….

Lizzy 😀

Kais MummyKais Mummy

Im in,the last swap was so much fun!! Am going to get my recipe ready this weekend,so its ready to post as soon as I get my swap buddy!!!

sewing ladysewing lady

I’m in!! Just one recipe – that is going to be the hardest part, picking just one.

kiwirachkiwirach

hillbilly girl wrote:

I am guessing for this one an overseas person could join in just fine. I am assuming we will just be posting a favourite recipe to our swap buddy who will be assigned by lot once the names have been registered with Lady B. These swaps and RAKs and raffles are great fun if you have never been involved in one before.

thanks hillbilly girl.

i’ve been involved in recipe swaps thru a scrapbooking forum here in the uk, and love them as they feed my recipe addiction!!. however we swap in bundles of 10….so 10 to a group/you print out 10 of your recipe/send it to organiser/she fiddles a bit and heypresto you get yours + 9 different ones back!.

guess i need to wait and see what the OP has to say and then if anyone is willing to post overseas.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

It doesn’t have to be just ONE recipe, in fact several would be lovely.

How you actually do it is up to you.

Some ideas:

-print up your recipe(s) onto cards and make a little book,

-write out your favourite curry recipe and blend all the spices required and send those off with it

-include step by step photos

-history of the recipe – things like where you got the recipe from, if you made it up yourself, why you like it, etc.

These are just my ideas, you don’t have to do any of them if you don’t wish to.

Oh and I think it’s fine if someone from overseas wants to join in. We can certainly swap emails to print out.

narellehnarelleh

yay – sounds great

will pm you

jaymesjaymes

yay!!! I love swaps 🙂

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

I’m in!

artylouieartylouie

Count me in. Lorraine

HerbmanHerbman

Postage is not that expensive for sending stuff OS, esp if it’s just recipes. Letters are $1.40 (from memory) – for those who might get OS person and don’t want to email. That’s much less than postage for the last swap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 235 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.