Aussies Living Simply

Eyes on the weather

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Eyes on the weather

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 553 total)
  • Author
    narelleh

There are a few of us on here

Roundthebend is also on here

I cannot think of others cos my brain is in overload and i am ezxhausted from all the packing, stacking and tying down we have been doing.

Yes i am very scared but I have young children with me so a brave front is covering my fear. The worst bit at this time is the waiting in this vacuum we have now. We were here during Larry and we lost lots of trees and fruit then and the odd poultry pen roof – this is so much bigger and crossing lower than Larry did as well.

We are expecting that later we will not be able to use internet as the satelite on roof may meet with mother nature. We have already had probs with the mext G network

Thank you for your thoughts and support. I will be in touch again after the event to update on how we (at least) have fared x

Steve
    Keymaster

2.00pm track map……..

It’s still going to be a Cat 1 at Mt Isa!!!!!!!

Lee

We are starting to feel it here in the northern region of Townsville. She ‘s a blowing, It is the sound of the wind. Everything is tired down Just waiting it out now.

Best wishes Lee and all!! xxx

CJ

Steve post=303418 wrote: 2.00pm track map……..

Trouble is I would bet it won’t keep travelling in such a straight line once it crosses the coast. I think it will veer left.

Hummer
    Keymaster

Why do you think that Reid ?

Looking at what Anthony did, Isn’t the remnants out in the back blocks of NSW somewhere.

mistyhollows

I don’t know if it follows the same path Reid but we’re on the South Coast and we just copped a whopper of a storm from the beginning of Anthony’s remnants, even the dog went crazy before it hit and it looks like there’s more coming:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR401.loop.shtml#skip

Gianna

Steve post=303418 wrote: 2.00pm track map……..

They’ve put the Flying Doctor planes at Mt Isa. They may have to re-think that. :unsure:

Steve
    Keymaster

7:00pm track map:

mistyhollows

I don’t like that bottom picture at all Steve, what happens if the 2 join??? and then what is that at the back of Yasi??? I have heard that there is meant to be another in a week or so but that just looks nasty.

Does anyone know of any members in Innisfail??? That is where the eye is headed!

clueless2
    GabesMummi

We are all bunkered down here at home and experiencing pretty big gales and rain at the moment in Cairns, suprisingly still have power (9.26pm!), but lkights do keep browning a bit, and gales getting more frequent, so won’t be long till power does go.

penny

Stay safe thinking of you and hoping all are safe.

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

I’m not normally a praying person, but I am at present. You’re in our thoughts and prayers.

In the words of Dave Allen…. May your God go with you.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 553 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.