Aussies Living Simply

Everyone cross your fingers … please :)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Everyone cross your fingers … please :)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    carolfcarolf

Good luck for Monday. 🙂

JilstaJilsta
    Participant

Good Luck Andre

My son works at Sovereign Hill and has for years while he has gone through Uni- great crew to work for… I live in Clunes as well so wish you all the best as you get closer to your dream of living on your block at Clunes. I have recently changed employment and have dropped hundreds of dollars a week…. but…… I now work for Conservation Volunteers and luv it and believe every dollar I am down a week is well and truly worth it…. Sometimes making the leap catapults you to where you have always wanted to be.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

:wave: Andre,

How did you get on? We’re all waiting to know and I’ve got to uncross my fingers as I’m about to start making elderflower champagne and it’s hard to work.

Haven’t been to Sovereign Hill for years, if you get the job that might be enough of a reason to revisit. :kiss:

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

ditto Lady B! How did you go today Andre? We’re all holding on with bated breath :pinch: :whistle:

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Crossing your fingers isn’t too bad but I crossed my legs too! :ohmy:

HURRY UP ANDRE!!! :S :S :S

😛

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Ah well ..

Thank you to all for your well-wishes and crossings of appendages.

Better uncross them all now before cramps start.

Drove out to Ballarat early (quickly visited the block at Clunes too :tup: :tup: )

The interview went well, as far as I’m concerned .. mind you, not having done one for almost two decades .. if anything, I’ll learn from the experience. (any HR gurus out there ..)

I won’t know anything until the end of the week 🙁 and neither will you 😆

They might decide on second-round interviews :jawdrop: .. so will have to wait even longer.

I think I’ll Skype that, if it happens. I already drove down from Canberra .. not keen on doing it again within the week.

I felt comfortable with the questions and answers. They seemed happy with it as well .. but maybe they are Ace poker players too …

waiting .. waiting .. waiting …

I might continue job searching on SEEK…. just to distract myself for the rest of the week, not that I’m being pessimistic

mauzimauzi

Hi Andre,

Glad everything went well. I am a bit like Bobbee on this one, if it is meant to be it will be and if not I am sure something else will come up for you. Best of luck which ever way it goes.

weaverweaver

Hi Andre

It sounds like it went well. Good luck for the decision!!!!! :hug:

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Thank you all again for your well wishes :tup:

Sadly though, I was not successful this time. 🙁

Such is life. It was a good learning experience – my first job interview in over 20 years … so something was gained by it. :tup:

(Back to SEEK)

:whistle:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

What can I say….. I know you will find the perfect job for you :hug:

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Oh well mate that just means there is something better out there that has your name on it :tup:

bluezbanditbluezbandit

All good practice. Better things are waiting for you, I’m sure.

Deb

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Yep 😉

Their loss … and imagine how disappointed I’d be when, after accepting the position, I saw something better.. lol

I certainly believe in the saying “when one door closes, another one opens” … just got to be in the right place at the right time to enter.

:whistle:

SnoopySnoopy

Damn! :blink: When I saw you’d put an update on this thread Andre, I hoped it was going to read that you were the person from Clunes who had won that lottery and you’d been back in contact with Ballarat Mines to tell them you had withdrawn your application!!!! :cheer:

BlueWrenBlueWren

Good hunting, Andre.Fingers crossed again for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.