Aussies Living Simply

Eating Pumpkin Seeds

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wizzbefwizzbef

I have a few pumpkins. Just the ‘ole Grey Pumpkin but was wondering if I could eat the seeds. If so, how do I do it?

Do I just chuck ’em in a dish with some Olive Oil, or do I have to crack open the husk?

Not sure what to do

🙂

Liz

RushRush

Yum Wizzbef.

I don’t exactly know how to do it, but do recall seeing a recipe somewhere that used tamari as a seasoning. I also remember thinking ‘yum!’.

I guess you could google it?

Good luck – don’t forget to post any recipe you try!!

BelBel

Good question wizzbef, I’d been wondering the same thing myself. I use lots of the green pumpkin seeds in cooking and was wondering what sort of pumpkins they come from and how you’d dry your own pumpkin seeds to achieve a similar result….

bluezbanditbluezbandit
    IdunaIduna

I don’t know if its the right way or not but I remember as a kid my mother picking the pumpkin and cutting it up and making soup and I would wash the seeds and pop them on a tray and cook them in the oven till I heard them start to pop. Out they came and I would add them to the top on the pumpkin soup my mother had been making.

wizzbefwizzbef

Thanks for the site Deb. Me thinks I could waste many hours on that site. I will try baking tomorrow, and let you know how it went Rush. Iduna now that dosen’t sound like a bad idea on top of the pumpkin soup…maybe then my kids would eat the soup

Thanks

Liz

dixiebelledixiebelle

http://www.greeningofgavin.com/2010/03/roasted-pumpkin-seeds.html

Warning: Gavin found that too many seeds messed with his inside, and led to diverticulitis… not saying this will happen to you, but if you have a history of intestinal issues, be careful! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.