Aussies Living Simply

Don't Tell Me..

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Anja

I don’t know what to say. There is nothing that can be said.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

creeker

Thanks for sharing your precious photo of Michael :kiss:

Herbman

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hummer

:hug: Thinking of you J :hug:

Topend Tam

((((((((Tully))))))))))

lefty

Tully,

He will never leave your heart – I wish we had a name for mothers who lose their children. We are widows if we lose our husbands and orphans if we lose our parents but I find the hardest part of losing a child is not being able to classify myself anymore or telling people how many children I have when they ask. I always say I have 3 living and one angel but it doesn’t do justice to my son and most people feel uncomfortable with that explanation.

I think of you often – it is ok to feel sad and very necessary to get support.

Glenda

bella

Like Ree I missed this thread last month. πŸ™

Many hugs to you again, Nellie. That’s a gorgeous photo of Michael too, thanks for sharing it. :hug:

Tullymoor

Thank you :hug::kiss::hug:

chester

:hug: Thinking of you :hug:

Jeanie

0h Tully Ive been watching the support youve been getting from these wonderful people I wish I could be there with you and hold you tight I really dont know what to say, love you heaps girl

Bobbee

Thank you for sharing that lovely photo of Michael with us all Janelle. :kiss1: What a beautiful young man. :hug:

Maybe we can help others perhaps by trying to get them to talk and trying to help them understand that they can be sensitive and emotional and still be ‘cool’, ‘fully sick’, ‘tough’, and ‘macho’ and stuff. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:tup: :tup: AND THAT REAL MEN DO CRY!!!!!!!! :tup: :tup:

It’s a very real concern for all mothers of children, not just boys, because although it is more accepted for girls to talk and let out their emotions, when it comes to the really deep issues girls quite often seem to talk to their peers who don’t always respond in the most positive ways. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

And Tullsee dear as far as I am concerned please feel free to talk to us about Michael any time you need to. I feel honoured that you have shared some of your feelings with us and that beautiful photo.

Thank you Tullsee. :hug: :hug: :kiss1: :hug:

Metu

Love the photo. Such a handsome, young man. :shy:

I’ve lost a lot of loved ones in my life too – but not through physical death. Emotional detachment is like someone dying, and it’s equally beyond your control. For whatever reason it happens, they feel unable to connect with others. Especially those meant to be closest. I did lose one cousin (as an adult) to accidental suicide, but for obvious reasons will spare you the details.

I just wanted to share that you’re not to blame, nor are you alone. I’ve played that mind game on myself for years – thinking there should’ve been something I could have done better in myself, quicker. The reality is we’re put on this earth to live one life, shared amongst others. But the exchange has to come freely. Sometimes we cannot possibly know what troubles another individual, until they’re ready to share.

What happened was not your fault. Parents were always meant to set their children free. It hurts because you did, and he didn’t know how to tell you what was wrong. Some things we cannot control and neither does it comfort us, believing hindsight could have made a difference to the past.

Your love for him is real though, in that he can never die.

You’re in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Merewyn

I’m so sorry to hear what happened to your son.

Big :hug::hug::hug: I can’t begin to imagine the pain you are going through.

Linda

Wendy

Tully I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: :hug:

What a handsome man thankyou for sharing that beautiful photo.

All of the emotions you are feeling are perfectly normal. Allow them all to come. I for one am more than happy to hear anything you need to share. You honour us with your words.

A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved.

You are such an amazing strong women but sometimes everyone needs a soft place to fall. There are many here ready and willing to catch you. :kiss1: :hug:

My heart goes out to all of you have had such sad losses. :hug:

Much love and many hugs to you all. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

anneatbecker

Oh Tully, Tully, Tully, how my heart aches for you:hug: You are experiencing now what I am terrified could happen in my own life. My 36 year old son has severe depression and has been suicidal on a number of occasions. He is having medical care of course, and, at the moment, seems OK. But I never know for sure.

Since I joined Als a few weeks ago, I have loved reading your posts and shouts, and had no idea of your heartache. I said the other day, I would like to meet you one day – doubly so now.

All my love, Tully, and I will light a candle for Michael. God bless.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.