Aussies Living Simply

Do you know what this is?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Weed Identification Do you know what this is?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    lmd80lmd80

Trying to work out if this is something I have planted or a weed??

BronBron

Looks quite similar to one I planted, with a yellow flower. No idea what it is called though (fat lot of help, I know)

SnagsSnags

Is it Lambs lettuce /corn salad ?

janinecjaninec

I reckon you have planted Calendula, a medicinal herb with a yellow flower?

Janine

BobbeeBobbee

Could be sweet rocket. That’s what mine looks like. Keeps on growing like ‘cut and come again ‘ lettuce.

🙂

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

I’m with Bobbs. I have rocket planted and that was my first thought as it’s what the leaves look like before they get larger. Does it get a flower?

BelBel

Are the leaves thin and ‘lettucey’ or more fleshy? I’d be leaning towards something flowering like calendula or gazanias…

lmd80lmd80

I don’t think it is any of those after google image check.. It is very much low and ground cover like with no flowers so far.. Here are some daylight pics although it isn’t a sunny day! It is spreading now and seems to send out a root, I have pulled a heap of it up.

lmd80lmd80

I don’t think it is any of those after google image check.. It is very much low and ground cover like with no flowers so far.. Here are some daylight pics although it isn’t a sunny day! It is spreading now and seems to send out a root, I have pulled a heap of it up.

lmd80lmd80

lmd80lmd80

Bugger only 1 pic uploaded!

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

wild guess ….. coreopsis :shrug:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

the yellow flowers that grow wild,

they are everywhere

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coreopsis

http://www.weeds.org.au/cgi-bin/weedident.cgi?tpl=plant.tpl&card=E13

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1317&bih=640&q=coreopsis&oq=coreopsis&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1149.4457.0.4798.11.8.1.2.2.2.482.2629.1j0j1j3j3.8.0…0.0…1ac.1.16.img.R8G_54XJVtA

think Judi is right

those leaves certainly look familiar, they’re everywhere in my paddock

GirlFridayGirlFriday

I vote for Gazanias.

lmd80lmd80

Hmm from the pics, it doesn’t quite look like the plant although those flowers are really nice! It’s lucky to be 5cm tall? Might be a hard one! Really should write down what I plant where! I have a plan for my garden, just haven’t filled it out!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.