Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

DO YA WANNA TALK GARDENING?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables DO YA WANNA TALK GARDENING?

Viewing 10 posts - 706 through 715 (of 715 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

I started pickling more jalapenos and bishops caps.
    Car battery was dead I havent driven since before xmas
    I dont drive far/often so the battery doesnt get a chance to charge
    So I had that on charge for tomorrow trip
    I will have to fish out the solar trickle charger to keep it topped up.

JazJaz

Covered the whole veggie patch in shade sails yesterday, kept loosing too many things, I think the sun is extra strong this year.
    Very excited, my sister and her hubby have set up a veggie patch, they got some raised beds from mum for Christmas and I made them a lovely gardening hamper with everything people who have never gardened could need. She sent some photos of their first plantings on the weekend, it is quite a miracle, think that may have been the first time she has ever touched dirt 🙂

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

at least they have started Jaz

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Finally both my boys have taken to growing veggies. It has only taken them 20 years. 

SnagsSnags

Once you start your hooked for life
    I was lucky my dad had a massive veggie garden and tonnes of knowledge and I was interested at a very early age.
    Still ask him stuff now you never stop learning and home grown tastes excellent as is virtually free.

My childhood memories of eating a young cucumber early in the morning is still one of my favourite tastes
    No bought cucumber has that taste.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

and I have discovered bought carrots do not have a scratch on home grown ones,

SnagsSnags

With carrots bought and grown its like they are a different species.
    I can never eat a bought fig, apricot or plum without being sad wishing it was home grown.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

def superior in comparison

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Like I said I’ve had enough rain …. went out to plant something dug the hole about 100mm deep and it filled with water so gave up, checked on the beans that are in that same general area and they are looking sad the asparagus on the other hand is happy.
    Rosella bush had a flower today 🙂
    I really need to get more planted picked the last of the radishes, picked a few zuchs today …. and collected 5 cups of frog spawn from a depression in the yard and put it all in the dam.

SnagsSnags

We got not too much rain everything is looking happy
    Except the tomatoes they dont like it so much at this time of  the year.
    Still lots of fruit but the leaves are yellowing

Viewing 10 posts - 706 through 715 (of 715 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.