Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

DO YA WANNA TALK GARDENING?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables DO YA WANNA TALK GARDENING?

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 715 total)
  • Author
    foodiefoodie
    Participant

Loverly !  You must be in a warmer district, cos my painted corn are still only a foot tall !

lmd80lmd80

Hunter? But I planted awhile ago I guess.

SnagsSnags

Can you eat them ?
    BBQ or Boil?

lmd80lmd80

How are Spring gardens going? I have zucchini, squash and tomatoes almost ready to pick!

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

just gone in here,  I did eat my first homegrown tomato this morning though, from a volunteer plant
    had 28mm last night, doozy of a storm at midnight

SnagsSnags

Ive been picking lots of beans
    Love the flat Roman ones
    [img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcPfbz_1bBXOYCwxioybRl3F54cyRhQQ2uD8vsKFpdYQjjVw9ybQ[/img]
    Ive also got a few white egg plants that is probably the reason they got the name in the first place.
    Lots of capsicums from my ancient capsicum plants that have survived several near deaths and transplantations.
    Tomatoes are coming along getting enough for a regular salad now
    Tonnes of hot chillies pickled a few jars already.
    Peanuts are going nuts this year too

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’ve just planted another 10 cucumber seeds …. the last seeds out of 2 packets all the others were done in by hail.
    My sweet potatoes are still growing I hope to get some from them this year I nursed them through the winter and if they are as good tasting as the ones we had at Christmas they will be worth it.
    Tomatoes have the first flowers, and a little capsicum that managed to get through winter on its own has 2 flowers.

SnagsSnags

I need to replant cucumbers the current plant is getting powdery mildew and not churning out enough cucumbers.
    The lady birds love it though

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Just so bloody typical I waited as long as possible before watering the garden so it bloody rained last night 7mm I use watering cans and I carted 8 cans of water (2 at a time, for any smarty pants out there) and walked what seemed like miles.
    Spread around some seed this morning calendula and pink rain lily, pumpkins are looking good about 7 hiding in the garden.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

My DH can sympathize with you Judi B he has the same Job here also with 2 cans. It takes him about 2 hours. 

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

worst part is I have to syphon the water out of blue drums and the hail has put a hole in the syphon hose

SnagsSnags

Cucumbers are in
    also did some Cavalo nero and a wom bok that had self seeded in a box

Just waited for a lull in the rain
    Wait 5 minutes
    Rain came as required to water them in
    Perfect

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

planted one of my apple trees

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I have made some apricot jam. Our tree had to be fenced off from our Labrador as she will eat them including crunching the stones which are poisonous. 

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

you can turn off the rain now thank you…………. I haven’t got anywhere else to put the rain now all buckets full, 4 watering cans are full, dam is full and overflowing
    I have seedlings drowning, I have some seed that need planting today as I soaked them overnight…

Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 715 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.