Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

DO YA WANNA TALK GARDENING?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables DO YA WANNA TALK GARDENING?

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 715 total)
  • Author
    BelBel

Hi again jade62. I’m pretty sure the plant was a purple verbena like this: http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/2186/purple-spreader-garden-verbena.php

I didn’t end up getting you any cuttings because the soil was very poor and weedy and it never grew back to its best.

I originally bought the small pot for $3 at Big W. I’m sure it’s very readily available though – you should be able to pick it up at Bunnings, nurseries etc.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

Ive heard forcasts of anywhere up to 46 out here by next wednesday, hope not, thats event too hot for me

BelBel

froot_loopz post=359553 wrote: Ive heard forcasts of anywhere up to 46 out here by next wednesday, hope not, thats event too hot for me

Me too fruit-loopz. That’d be awful!

VanessaVanessa

Yep we are in for another but of hot weather.

The last few afternoons we have been sitting outside in long pants and sleeves and even coming inside because its too cold to sit out side, joking about it being the middle of summer and it being like winter…..I’m sure in the next few days we wont be going outside because its too hot…..what ever happened to summer just being hot?

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

yeah, its been bizare, Ive been running around in jeans and jumpers the last few days, ive even had to pop an extra blanket back on the bed.

but ive managed to get some seeds germinated in this weather, now I’ll have to concentrate on keeping them alive

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

been to bunnings, (ended up with a $150 worth of bunnings vouchers for christmas) now have some stakes, so I can start covering everyting in curtains. Might do the 3 fruit trees as well

diannedianne
    Participant

dianne post=359501 wrote:

I’m cold too! I actually like hot weather, even though the garden doesn’t.

mummyjas – glad to hear there’s hope that DD9 might eventually have a normal diet! Enjoy your Diggers membership – I had one for a few years and bought some good stuff there.

You can have some of ours. :tup: everything in my garden is dead and baked thanks to this heat and nextdoor cutting down all of their trees which shaded it.

well didnt I speck to soon 😆 we went from 43 degrees to a week of cold rains.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

picked zukes, capsicum and more cherry tomatoes.

another 6 cups of grated zukes in the freezer. the capsicums and toms I’lleat in salads the next couple of days

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

accidently left two eggs outside in a cup overnight and today.

I guess you could say that today was hot enough to cook an egg

and it still wont let me load photos :tanty:

hopefully this works

Accidently left these two eggs outside in a cup overnight and during today.The white cooked one was more exposed to the sunSo I guess you could say today was hot enough to cook an egg

Posted by Michele Tournay on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

pennypenny

My rhubarb plant is going great guns in growth but is not turning red. Smaller plant (first year planted) is going red. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hi Penny, there is red & green varieties of rhubarb.. maybe you have one of each ?

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Good job mummyjas.. I managed to save all my seedlings also. I am very pleased too 🙂

pennypenny

The plant is a red type because a small section at the base is red and it was bought as a red one. The stems are thickening nicely but they just have a pale blush of colour stronger at the base. Maybe I’m just being impatient!

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Ok 🙂 … well yeah, maybe patience is the key & time will tell 🙂

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

Ive didnt lose anything either, I had curtains over everything, except the seedlings out the front, they just got a drink a couple of extra times a day, were out of direct sun and the northerly that roars through my backyard.

Tomorrow more beds to make and those seedlings to plant, someone tell my why I buy seedlings when it is much more satisfying starting plants from seed 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 715 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.