Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

DO YA WANNA TALK GARDENING?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables DO YA WANNA TALK GARDENING?

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 715 total)
  • Author
    froot_loopzfroot_loopz

41 forcast the day we leave, I’ll be giving everything a good water over the next few days. and putting up some curtains.

Instructions were given this morning on the watering and feeding of plants/animals

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

everything survived, but 3 roma tomatoes, (over watered) and a yabbie, while I was gone, Im happy.

grabbed some more romas to plant in the next day or so, and then its time to consider what else to plant.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

the tomatoes and zukes that were picked for me while in WA, are now in the freezer, cooked or grated 😀

BelBel

Great news fruit_loopz! I’ve got about 30 tomato plants in this year, but that’s all. I gave them a dramatic prune the other day. I’m hoping that’ll bring more fruit on quicker. I’d like to plant more, but think it’s a bit late for summer stuff. Maybe not?

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

30 plants, WOW.

I only had 4 romas, 4 red cherrys and a yellow cherry.

bought more romas yesterday to replace the ones I pulled out.

Today I planted seeds, corn, zukes, sunflowers, water spinach and some more beans.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

went to bunnings they had 5 punnets of seedlings for $5. last weeks stock but they are looking okay.

I planted roma toms, peas (I think its a little early though) more silverbeet.

I have another 18 capsicums to plant, 2 different varieties.

I also have 18 corn to plant.

Just wish it would rain, make the yards easier to dig. I have an area I want to pop some corn in. also grab some parsley for the wabbit

BelBel

Love a good bargain fruit_loopz! Nice one :tup: I might try to put some late quick-growing summer crops in and see how they go. Have you had some rain down there yet? We’ve had a few sprinkles tonight, but that’s about all….

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

nothing out here at all.

very humid though

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

got the capsicums and cucumbers planted today.

just have to make a bed for the corn

BelBel

mummyjas – I know the feeling, but my fussy eater is my 9 year old! Thankfully she’ll eat most raw vegetables, but just isn’t a fan of meat or anything cooked/mixed together. I can see her being a vegetarian one day…..

I’ve got some decent-sized tomatoes on my vines now – not ripe though. I reckon I’m still a good few weeks off.

We got about 2.5mm of rain in 24 hours – not great, but enough to wet the ground. It’s pretty cool here today which is nice.

DH planted some corn last week which is starting to come up. I don’t know if it will mature quick enough, but we’ll wait and see.

I might try some more cucumber seedlings too – mine died. I don’t think they like the bore water!

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

its great gardening weather, though Im cold.

my water spinach I planted the other day in trays is starting to sprout.

corn planted.

went and grabbed 4 bales of hay today for the chookens

BelBel

I’m cold too! I actually like hot weather, even though the garden doesn’t.

mummyjas – glad to hear there’s hope that DD9 might eventually have a normal diet! Enjoy your Diggers membership – I had one for a few years and bought some good stuff there.

diannedianne
    Participant

Bel post=359482 wrote: I’m cold too! I actually like hot weather, even though the garden doesn’t.

mummyjas – glad to hear there’s hope that DD9 might eventually have a normal diet! Enjoy your Diggers membership – I had one for a few years and bought some good stuff there.

You can have some of ours. :tup: everything in my garden is dead and baked thanks to this heat and nextdoor cutting down all of their trees which shaded it.

BelBel

That’s no good Dianne 🙁

jaden62jaden62

Bel, do you remember talking to me about a flat-growing, purple flowering plant that was growing on the verge at your last house? You were going to let me know when you trimmed it back so I could come & pick up some cuttings, but it seems we both forgot.

Do you remember what it was called, & where I might be able to get some from (other than going over to your old house & scaring the new occupants by digging up their verge!!)?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 715 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.