Aussies Living Simply

Disease resistant tomatoes

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables Disease resistant tomatoes

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    sue esue e

must get some of these perons! just checked edens and they have them. do you have fruit fly there tipsy? i was wondering how they would stand up to them. i bought a packet of tomatoes that were just called “tropic” but haven’t tried them yet. thought i would give them a go this summer. they are supposed to do better in the warmer climates. has anyone tried them?

i have millions of little self seeded yellow toms up the back- nothing seems to bother them. i don’t know where they came from as i have never grown yellow tomatoes. i guess they were a throw back from some other toms i had up there. i just let them grow. i could save some seeds if anyone wants some.

tipsypixietipsypixie

Hi again Sue E

We do have fruit fly but haven’t had a problem with them outside of the poly tunnel. Even then they only appear if it’s been closed up for a few days because of wind or something.

I do practice companion planting and usually have a large number of tansy, pennyroyal, catmints etc which probably help to keep the nasty little things at bay.

What shape are your little yellow toms? I could be interested in a seed swap 😀

Cheers

C.

sue esue e

will put some photos up for you as soon as it stops raining tipsy. they are just little round ones about the size of a large marble(wallnut?)- though there is the occasional one about the size of a golf ball. sue

sue esue e

here they are. that is a 50 cent piece in the photo to give you an idea of size

sue esue e

a bit fuzzy but you get the idea! let me know if you want some.sue

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.