Aussies Living Simply

DIABETES TYPE 2

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    Bobbee

I agree these threads can be helpful Len. It is great to be able to share information, ask questions etc. No problems there.

We all have our own views on the topics raised and the important thing in my opinion is to allow each other to express those views.

🙂

Bobbee

For anyone interested, I have lost 19 kilos of unwanted and unneeded weight. :woohoo: This has resulted in my fasting blood glucose levels being between 4.6 and 7.3 continuously now for a number of weeks.

I am delighted and so is my GP.

I thought that info might help give some folk the incentive to try to lose weight. Or to stick to it if they are already trying. I know weight loss doesn’t help every one the same way but, in my opinion, it is worth a try.

🙂

Anonymous

good one bobbee,

yep all should try and trim up, but not as often seen at any cost, i’m still 103 down from 107+, there is no appreciable effect on my reading still low to mid double figures, putting insulin back in now very slowly but again not even a whisker of difference but don’t want to demoralise myself by taking on any weight gain, 100 would be good 98 ideal.

no good going to doc’ did that last time and got no help, except told to lose weight which i did for no gain.

been working as hard as i can around the yard for an hour or so a day, moving fat to muscle, not helping but.

someone over at pri reckons they have 2 rellies doing well with T2 treatment so that makes it maximum benefit and me well i’m a loner, which we all know i’m not, or why would this thread still be running. patients need to be proactive and monitoring daily before they can claim total fix, they even need to be trying not to eat things in their diet esp’ grains just to see at least what it does, so they can reduce medication maybe(their choice).

i was rigidly following a dietician diet agreed to by doc’ and diabetes educator, and my levels were running rampant, so a naturapath said something to me which led me to start cutting our grains starting with wheat, i got good results very good results then.

please don’t make weight the only answer it takes away latteral thinking from those who are supposed to help, like the doc’ said len lose weight, i did it has not worked.

len

Thisildo
    Participant

Congratulations Bobbee, that is quite an achievement and you are right to be proud of yourself.

Hummer
    Keymaster

Bobbee post=353933 wrote: For anyone interested, I have lost 19 kilos of unwanted and unneeded weight. :woohoo: This has resulted in my fasting blood glucose levels being between 4.6 and 7.3 continuously now for a number of weeks.

I am delighted and so is my GP.

I thought that info might help give some folk the incentive to try to lose weight. Or to stick to it if they are already trying. I know weight loss doesn’t help every one the same way but, in my opinion, it is worth a try.

🙂

Well done Bobbee!

It is nice for those needing a little incentive to read stories like yours.. keep the good news stories coming!

lavman

Yep good on ya Bobbee, :clap: I agree with Humbug, I know how hard it is to loose weight, it’s just as hard as giving up smoking, in my opinion.

Anonymous

even harder to lose on insulin, oh! by the way i did not have a crack at bobbee, ok? i pointed out the pitfalls of one putting what they achieved so succinctly that it supports the regime on weight, which otehrs know the system cannot really help.

for bobbee it worked that is great, for me it didn’t work is that great?

one person said to me recently that i was a minority in T2 because 2 of his relatives are doing quiet fine on their treatment? unless he lives with them and they self monitor he wouldn’t know. one doctor i saw said his father ahd T2 his reading were up in the 20’s in his opinion that was as good as his father could get he was on med’s so that was it.

better if people read all posts for better information.

len

muster

Well done bobbee :clap:

Bobbee

gardenlen post=353989 wrote: even harder to lose on insulin, oh! by the way i did not have a crack at bobbee, ok? i pointed out the pitfalls of one putting what they achieved so succinctly that it supports the regime on weight, which otehrs know the system cannot really help.

for bobbee it worked that is great, for me it didn’t work is that great?

one person said to me recently that i was a minority in T2 because 2 of his relatives are doing quiet fine on their treatment? unless he lives with them and they self monitor he wouldn’t know. one doctor i saw said his father ahd T2 his reading were up in the 20’s in his opinion that was as good as his father could get he was on med’s so that was it.

better if people read all posts for better information.

len

Ok Len I’m sick of this!

I did not at any point say that all people with type 2 diabetes should lose weight and that would fix/cure/help their diabetes.

And I am angry that you infer such a thing.

If people read all the posts on this thread they will see that yours are rather like a broken record. We all know the things you are doing and taking and not doing and not taking to help your diabetes because you tell us all the time.

But if someone else mentions what they are doing and it’s different to what you are doing you immediately say that it does not work for you and you intimate that it therefore will not work for anyone else.

If people do read the earlier parts of this thread they will see that I am taking supplements, that I walk, that I get along well with my GP, that I do not at this stage need to take medications for my diabetes. And that I read all that presents itself to me on diabetes and make up my own mind as to what may help me and what I will have a try with.

I work bloody hard to keep my diabetes under control and I am well aware that at any point, if my organs have been damaged beyond repair before I was found to have diabetes, I may need to go onto medications even including insulin.

I am not stupid and neither is anyone else reading this thread so stop trying to make out we are.

You have tried all manner of supplements, as I have, you have reduced your medications including insulin without I believe (and I may be incorrect here) the input and supervision of your GP. And you don’t appear to be any better.

You say that losing weight has not helped you, for goodness sake Len you only lost a few kilos. People who need to lose a lot of weight, and I am one of those people, can not expect a couple of kilos to make a difference to their diabetes, in my opinion.

I hope that all makes sense because I am still fuming.

:angry:

Bobbee

To the folk who have posted to support me re my weight loss, thank you so much. :hug:

I very much appreciate your comments, and the fact that you bothered to comment.

It was hard work to lose that much fat and the job is not over yet. I still have at least 15 kilos to go I reckon but gee I feel so good, and I am so damn proud of myself.

It is so much harder to lose weight when you are a Golden Oldie so if anyone is in need of losing a couple of kilos get on with now is my suggestion and the very best of good luck to you on the way.

🙂

Anonymous

Moderated – starting to get personal…

Bobbee

Moderated – getting angry

Anonymous

wow!

Airgead

Cool it you lot.

This is a useful and valuable thread. Don’t spoil it.

Don’t make me come over there….

lavman

Don’t make me come over there….

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.