December 11, 2009 at 1:53 pm #250786
Make a list of 3 things that happened in 2009.
ALS has been very interesting.
The weather has been too hot.
I have a new grandchild.December 11, 2009 at 7:40 pm #447269
Good winter rains that meant the ‘seasonal’ river across our property had water all the way across – first time since 2005.
New and improved chicken “hotel” built.
My better half has a new (his first) baby great-granddaughter.December 11, 2009 at 8:27 pm #447270
Personally I would like to see the back of 2009. Bring on 2010.
But here are my 3 things.
* My family are healthy.
* We got our solar panels on the shed.
* Because of my accident a few months back I’ve finally learned to
slow down and appreciate what I have around me.December 11, 2009 at 8:37 pm #447271
Gothic Mumma 4 LifeMember
*We refinaced our loan and finally got a decent car that fits the children with no fighting 😆
*We got 3 water tanks
*Got gas Heater, stove and HWS
*Had all gas installed and water tanks installed.
*We made a 7 year plan (locked in intrest rate for 7 years @ 7.24% cos we knew the rates would go up and we wanted to make sure if DH lost his job we could still keep the house and we can at this rate (our max rate). Which i have coped flack for but its what is best for us.
*We have our 3 veggie patches, and some out the front and planning more for next year.
We have made alot of changes this year and spent lots dosh but its been worth it to us, never a dole moment here.
Those are the posative things that matter so here’s to a better next year!
ETA Sorry i noticed you said 3 but im just so happy with what we have done i kept going:lol:December 11, 2009 at 11:26 pm #447272
Bought a nice property at McIntyre.
Got all the solar up and running properly
H’s health is improving and is a lot happier up the bush.December 12, 2009 at 12:36 am #447273
Barb, lucky chickens…
Wow, Gothic Mumma… lots has happened in 09…
Lotus Blue, glad to hear you are on the mend…
Hi ballamara, sounds like the bush has been a good move
:wave:December 12, 2009 at 2:19 am #447274
* My 25 year marriage broke up…
* The universe has been letting me know almost daily that I am on the right path…
* I am starting to like myself again…
Bring on 2010!! :tup:December 12, 2009 at 2:58 am #447275
I met my mother’s family again after 32 years.
We fiaally paid off a loan with GE.
We are getting married this year:)
So all in all it has been a fairly good year for us, a nice change from the run of ‘yukky’ years we have been having.December 12, 2009 at 3:08 am #447276
Does it have to be 3 good things cause I am struggling.
* We relocated a 1921 Queenslander and the house removalist did his best to wreck it. Matter is now with solicitors.
* My partner got made redundent.
Bring on 2010 I say. It can only get better.December 12, 2009 at 4:39 am #447277
sorry nothingDecember 12, 2009 at 4:57 am #447278
* two children at school, enjoying themselves and learning
* a husband at a job he has loved, which has brought his head back to where it belongs
* me at a job I enjoy, and at home which I loveDecember 12, 2009 at 5:29 am #447279
* Bought the house I intend to retire to.
* Had another grand-daughter
* Had so much rain in this usually very dry part of Tassy (where retirement house is)
that it filled up my 36,000ltr tanks in no time flat.
* Trialed wicking beds and will continue with these as I love them. Its the way to go!
* Been run ragged in my job but I know things will be smoother in 2010
* Still smiling as I have had a fantastic year health wise. The best I’ve been for years.
I know I can’t count either.
DebDecember 12, 2009 at 10:04 am #447280
* Finally got chickens!
* Got water tanks installed
* Realised who/what is important in my life and who/what isn’t.
The bad things list could go on for ever….December 12, 2009 at 1:04 pm #447281
Good, bad or indifferent … list any 3 things that happened in 2009… not necessarily things that revolved around you and yours, (but can be), anything, anywhere at all, if you want. It’s up to you …. :tup:December 12, 2009 at 7:56 pm #447282
I travelled back to Holland & met family. That was lovely. But I discovered that they’re ultra-nationalists, and that was pretty awful.
Australia clutched at climate skepticism.
Russia gave Europe a reality check/shock by shutting down its gas line.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.