Aussies Living Simply

Curry Leaf Tree

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    LeeAndJ

Can anyone help me source a Curry Leaf tree (Murraya Koenigii)? I haven’t been able to find one at a local nursery, or even online 🙁

I’m in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Qld.

Cheers,

Lee.

gartenfee

Hi Lee,

I just planted 2 Curry leaf trees,Our Son got them from Bunnings.

They may have to order them, just give them a call.

good luck and happy gardening

One of my neighbours, who is of Indian heritage says they grow from cuttings. Haven’t had luck with the cuttings myself though.

kerrieb

I think I picked mine up at Bunnings last year.

shortly

Shippards also have them

kerrieb

Where abouts are you mine is really struggling in southern vic (too cold I think)

mudhen

I got mine from an Indian Grocery Store, but have seen them at bunnings too (in SA). The local market here often has the leaves for sale, perhaps try the markets.

Sonya

They can get a bit weedy here in the subtropics. We’ve got lots of little seedlings – I had some for sale at the last Permaculture Eudlo meeting – you could try Permaculture Noosa meeting or perhaps the Yandina Community gardens.

Cheers,

Sonya

LeeAndJ

Thanks everyone :wave:

penny

I am guessing that Curry Leaf Trees produce leaves for flavouring curries-is that correct? If so are they used alone or with other spices?

mudhen

Hi Penny! I’ve always used mine with a variety of other spices. They have a very strong flavour when you simply crush the leaves and smell them, or when you first add them to food, but it settles down with cooking. I love my little tree and am just waiting for the weather to warm up so it hurries up and does some growing!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.