Aussies Living Simply

curling tomato leaves?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Vegetables curling tomato leaves?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    slowlynowslowlynow

My tomato leaves are curling. Should I be worried or is it just all the wet weather of late?

Ta.

HerbmanHerbman

Have they changed colour? Do you have a photo?

If my tomatoes were showing signs of unhappiness I would probably give them a bit of food. Maybe a mix of blood and bone, and chicken manure pellets. And a drink of epsom salts, seaweed mixture and liquid plant food. I you’ve had as much rain as we have, some nutrients might have been washed out of the soil.

While my approach is probably overkill, I’ve never killed a tomato plant by taking it. I just figure it covers all possible deficiencies and the soil probably won’t complain about a bit of food. 😉

BTW: I’m not talking whole bucket loads of food, just a handful or two of the dry mix and a watering can of the wet.

slowlynowslowlynow

No photos as yet, will try to master that process. Thanks for your help Herbman. And the leaves are still a nice deep green, just curly…. the plant is an heirloom variety, maybe the leaves just do that??

BelBel

It could be the tomato leaf curl virus. This page might help:

http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/health/4250.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.