Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Coconut oil – where to find bulk amounts in Melbourne?

Home Forums HOMEMADE Soaps and soapmaking Coconut oil – where to find bulk amounts in Melbourne?

• This topic has 26 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by MetuMetu.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    kerriebkerrieb

I looked and I’m really struggling to find a supplier of coconut oil in 20L drums that I don’t have to freight. I’d love Geelong but realistically western or Northern suburbs of Melbourne where I can drop in and visit friends would be OK. No one seems to stock it. I’m assuming the combined and the PITA factor of it being solid most the time here is why it’s hard to find.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

will ask a friend of mine who makes lots of soap, she gets bulk coconut oil

need to do it via FB, so might be tonight or tomorrow

kerriebkerrieb

Ta Calliecat, I know of one place but it’s Eastern suburbs and I never get out that way.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

sorry but she hasn’t got back to me,

MonieMonie

You can buy it in bulk from Auroma in Fitzroy. 5lt and 20lt

kerriebkerrieb

Thanks I’ll check them out.

Jellybean0Jellybean0

Hi

I’ve found that buying coconut online is way cheaper than in stores. I get mine from http://www.naturepacific.com/contents/en-us/d1_Virgin_Coconut_Oil.html

For bulk purchasing you need to contact them directly, but it gets delivered to your door – no trekking anything anywhere.

Hope this helps 🙂

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I’m getting a 404 – not found 🙁

kerriebkerrieb

I’m really not after virgin Coconut oil for soap it’s just too expensive I’m just after the refined oil. If I can I’d rather pick it up as I want about 100kg and the freight on that amount is kind of Ouch. Oh well I might have to get someone to pick me some up at Robynes and meet them in the city one day.

MonieMonie

Where is Robynes? I’m looking for a cheaper option as well.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Jellybean0 post=340744 wrote: Hi

I’ve found that buying coconut online is way cheaper than in stores. I get mine from http://www.naturepacific.com/contents/en-us/d1_Virgin_Coconut_Oil.html

For bulk purchasing you need to contact them directly, but it gets delivered to your door – no trekking anything anywhere.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi Jellybean,

This looks like a good way to buy it in bulk.. although their 5 litre packaging wouldn’t work for us southerners. The 5 x 1 litre jars would be better, as the coconut oil would be solid for the best part of 12 months.

Also I have found when purchasing the Melrose brand of coconut oil locally, it is much cheaper than buying online.. so it pays to check first 🙂

kerriebkerrieb

http://www.robynsoaphouse.com/contact/contact.php

She has 20L drums available for pick up

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hi Kerrie.. that is an amazingly cheap price for 20 litres of coconut oil. I suspect it is refined, although it doesn’t say.. have you bought it before, do you know anything about the product she sells ?

She is very close to me, so I am very interested 🙂

Thanks for the link.

GiannaGianna

The coconut oil from Robyn is refined Humbug. 🙂

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Gianna post=341497 wrote: The coconut oil from Robyn is refined Humbug. 🙂

Thank you Gianna.. thought it had to be at that price 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.