Aussies Living Simply

"Climate Change/ Global Warming (under human influence) is a Hoax."

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Global warming and climate change "Climate Change/ Global Warming (under human influence) is a Hoax."

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    owlbrudderowlbrudder

Lady B post=347310 wrote: Make sure you’re logged in when trying to access that link. If you aren’t you’ll get that message.

Thanks for that. All working now. I didn’t even think about logging in as I used to just leave myself logged on indefinitely. My bad. :sick:

pennypenny

I’m with you Metu, I believe the climate is changing as it always has done and will continue to do so. The cause is really irrelevant. As it is happening we have to learn to live with whatever happens. At the moment climate change is a hypothesis and may not ultimately be proven. However I am happy to do everything possible to leave my corner of the planet in the best shape I can, I am not worried about the cause and I see some of the replies as being a tad condescending to those who express a contrary view. There are scientists who do not agree that humans are causing, or accelerating change. I know that I will probably be told that they are funded by the petroleum or some other industry but if they are influenced by who funds them, then the other view must be influenced by where their funds come from also.

More importantly we need to deal with the coming changes, including peak oil, a rapidly aging population that will need to be cared for, training of the young so they have a future and a fairer distribution of the wealth of our country, not just money, so that every person can live a decent life!

owlbrudderowlbrudder

penny post=347405 wrote: The cause is really irrelevant.

Not if our human activities are the cause and the outcomes are not benign. If we are causing dangerous warming and we know how to stop it, then the cause is very relevant indeed. It is important to remember that climate does not change arbitrarily: it changes according to the forcings applied to it, like solar radiation, Earth’s orbit and Melankovitch cycles. Science is telling us that we humans are causing a dominant forcing through our emissions of greenhouse gasses and our agricultural practices. Economists are telling us that it is much cheaper to stop the warming than it is to adapt to a warmer world.

penny post=347405 wrote: I see some of the replies as being a tad condescending to those who express a contrary view.

Is it condescending to ask for facts to back up those contrary views? I would call it prudent and it is certainly not intended to be condescending. If you find it so, please accept my apologies.

penny post=347405 wrote: There are scientists who do not agree that humans are causing, or accelerating change. I know that I will probably be told that they are funded by the petroleum or some other industry but if they are influenced by who funds them, then the other view must be influenced by where their funds come from also.

There is science and there is psuedo-science. I can accept that scientists employed by Big Oil and Big Coal may have their views slanted by pressure to find results that promote their employers’ business. I find it more difficult to accept that every peak scientific body worldwide, including countries of just about every political pursuasion, are all deluded or are all part of a global conspiracy. It just does not pass my reasonability test. YMMV.

penny post=347405 wrote: More importantly we need to deal with the coming changes, including peak oil, a rapidly aging population that will need to be cared for, training of the young so they have a future and a fairer distribution of the wealth of our country, not just money, so that every person can live a decent life!

I would start that sentence with the words “Equally importantly …” The challenges before us are already staggering, without having to cope with climate change that could be averted by prompt and effective action.

SnagsSnags

Great work owlbrudder.

I was hoping for a stronger effort from the deniers .

I think you scared them off when they realised all their statements would require proof.

Its so much easier to regurgitate unsubstantiated claims when no one challenges them.

casalentacasalenta

Snags, there is no ‘stronger effort from the deniers’ for several reasons.

1. Some people are incapable of reading and understanding English, so what’s the point?

Please read my earlier post, (if it hasn’t been censored and deleted as other posts of mine have been.) This isn’t a scientific discussion, it’s a political one in which the science is given a back seat or no seat at all, and in which people simply trot out their ‘beliefs’ over and over again.

2. The posts made by ‘deniers’, no doubt including this one, are deleted, and their participation is banned. (I haven’t been banned yet from this thread, but I have from others, because a view co0ntrary to the prevailing hypothesis is not permitted.)

3. Learn the scientific method. Learn what a hypothesis is, what a theory is. Forget all this stupid point scoring, which has no place in science.

The climate is changing, so let’s get on with adapting to it and stop wasting all this time on political point scoring and anti-science nonsense.

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

I wish to point out that not only deniers are deleted. I also take offence to the accusation that only posts I/we don’t like are removed.

Anyone making a decent post is fine, anyone that sprouts garbage or bags another is deleted.

(As well as posts that are deemed to incite more argument)

I do not recall deleting your post, in fact, as far as I’m aware, casalenta, all your posts are still intact.

I’d also like to point out, NO ONE is twisting anyone’s arm to enter this thread or put a post up. If you think it is a waste of time, then why bother in the first place? There are plenty of other interesting posts to spend time on. But, if you think anyone can c o n t r i b u t e, please do so.

No one (with regard to these recent threads) has been banned from this site. If a member feels that they have nothing to contribute and chooses to leave, that is disappointing, but they were not forced to go in any manner.

Finally, with regard to people incapable of reading or understanding English – it was clear from the ‘guidelines’ at the beginning what was required for posts. This can be said for all posters.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.