Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ fibromyalgia

Home Forums HOMEMADE Natural Remedies and Health Support Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ fibromyalgia

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mossymossy

I completely agree, its very important that CFS sufferers support their gut. Taking a good quality probiotic as well as eating foods that support good bacteria such as apples (containing pectin) and green leafies and chlorella (contain chlorophyll). Prebiotic foods such as bananas are also beneficial. A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in water before meals will also stimulate gastric acid secretion.

I think it was Hippocrates said “let food be thy medicine and medicine by thy food”. Essential fatty acids are important so foods such as walnuts, oily fish, olive oil and flax seeds. Magnesium includes brown rice and spinach, Carnatine (for energy production) – chicken and red meat. Zinc (beneficial for suppressed immune system, fatigue and pain) – again red meat, chickpeas and oats. Foods high in antioxidants to support the immune system are also beneficial.

At the end of the day though the symptoms and causes are so broad. If you can find a healthcare practitioner who can identify and treat the cause then better results can be expected.

This is another good journal… http://www.mecfs.org.au/media/resources/Article-CanadianCDFullA4.pdf

jadehjadeh

I have CFS. Have done for a few years now. Things that I find personally to help me are to make sure that I keep ontop of vitamins etc. I make sure that I take olive leaf extract and dose up big on vitamin C so that I don’t catch other peoples germs as when I do I’m sick for a while.

I make sure that I eat things without preservitives etc – I find the closer to nature etc the better.

Anonymous

i actually diagnosed myself when i searched and found an online check point form, where you tick certain answers and they are numbered and if you get a certain score that is what you have, doctors use them for certain illnesses in their surgeries, but once i got a handle on what i had which up until that time i had no idea? none of the doc’s had any idea and i was getting sick and tired of trips to various institutions for tests of al sorts, so when i learnt about this CFS that i had never heard of i then at least got some direction going.

had a friend who got it from dengie fever he had narcolepsy as well would pass out for 15 minutes drop like a stone. others i spoke to got it from a serious car accident or a major operation.

still don’t think the medic profession has a real handle on it. take a few off the shelf alternatives to support the body mainly can’t afford any of those other regimes.

too late now got DB2 which started life as wheat/gluten all grains intollerance, something that doc’s know even less about. continual battle to get care that works.

len

zippyzippy

That GAPS thing looked intense! I checked out the site. It did make rather alot of sense, especially in the dietary bit.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.