Aussies Living Simply

Chook Wars

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Diddlie

This week I introduced our youngest chooks to the old girls, they have been in a separate pen since getting them at 2 weeks. It’s not going well, they are being terrorised by the oldies, so much so that they have perched themselves up on one of the roosting logs and won’t budge unless one of the terrorists flaps it’s way up there to have another go at them. I am worried that they are not eating or drinking, I have put some food on the log and they have had some but they keep knocking it off. Will they settle down eventually? I have introduced others before and it has never been this bad. Is is time to build another chook house!!

weaver

Hi Diddle

I usually introduce mine slowly at first. I let them free range together during the day but put them in separate pens at night for a while. They tend to then make the decision to join the big girls themselves and it all works out fine. How many are there in each lot?

Diddlie

5 in the original gang and 3 in the new. Typical me, full steam ahead lol, leaving them to fend for themselves.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.