Aussies Living Simply

Chick with head tucked under

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE All things Chicken Chick with head tucked under

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’ve had a chick hatch today that has a bent neck. Looks like she’s looking at the ground all the time. It’s straight, not tilting to the side at all. I read something the other day about it, but can’t find it now & my computer is playing up. Can anyone help with information? Is it treatable? How? Or is culling the only option? 🙁

Here’s a pic of her…

Bobbee

Hope you get some helpful replies BV. The very best of good luck and good management to you. :hug: :hug:

Thanks Bobbee. She came good today all on her own. 🙂

Bel

That’s good news 🙂 The eggs I collected from you are due to hatch this Sunday!

mudhen

Ah, Bel, I didn’t realize when you said you had broody hens that they were sitting on fertilized eggs – how exciting for you! I hope the hatching all goes smoothly.

BV, pleased to hear your little one is ok. Some people would see a little chick like that as completely disposable, but a life is a life 🙂

I agree Mudhen. I adore my chooks & always do everything possible to get them better if they’re unwell.

Bel! Squeeeee! I’m so excited for you! Please share pics! I had a hen hatch all 7 of her eggs last night. I don’t think I’ve ever had a 100% hatch before. 😀 They just give me such joy.

GirlFriday

she looks like a little cutie 🙂 Sometimes even human babies are a bit bend after birth from being squeezed into a small space while they were developing- perhaps thats what happened with Chickie?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.