Aussies Living Simply

CHEAP Worm Farm @ Aldi

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up CHEAP Worm Farm @ Aldi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    LeecyLeecy

Just looking through the junk mail and noticed that Aldi have a worm farm for $69. Includes collector tray, coir brick and 2 worker trays. 1 year warranty. It looks almost identical to the worm farm I made a while ago minus the steel frame.

DIY one HERE From memory it cost about the same to make it.

KirstyKirsty

:metal:Love Aldi!!!

porgeyporgey

Hate Aldi! 😮

LeecyLeecy

Why??

porgeyporgey

Basically because they are foreign owned. Its not xenophobia, racism or anything the politically correct machine can dredge up. The majority of the stuff they sell is imported and the majority of there profits flows out of Australia. Sure its competition but it fundamentally weakens Australia in the medium to long term. Apart from the bottom line it forces other Australian companies Woolworth’s, Coles etc., to follow suit and import more and more stuff from OS to compete on price. This further weakens our manufactures, growers, suppliers etc. and increases our demand on imports.

Being so geographically diverse from north to south & east to west Australia only needs to import very few things, aeroplanes, information, are two examples, yet free trade has opened up our borders to an influx of foreign stuff that actually lowers our standards, increases our debt, decreases our self reliance & identity, and in the long term reduces the quality of life & health of our population.

Of course this is not Aldi’ fault they are just exploiting a system created that concentrates wealth & control in fewer and fewer hands. Grow local and Buy local Australian made & owned goods & services. Cheers porgey. 😀

kerripkerrip

I will not shop at Aldi for the very good reasons that Porgey talks about. I would prefer to buy as much Australian product as possible. In the long run you are better off sticking to as local as possible.

Kerri

lynnielynnie

Personally I love ALDI’s & I love the bargains to be had there… just a hint… woolworths & coles are not Australian owned tis a bit like Kraft & vegemite folks :p

lynnielynnie

The worm farm is a good price me thinks… if I didn’t have one I’d prolly buy it….

Personally I love ALDI’s & I love the bargains to be had there…

… woolworths & coles are not Australian owned tis a bit like Kraft & vegemite folks :p

porgeyporgey

Lynnie, Woolworths & Coles are majority Australian owned unlike Aldi which is foriegn owned. I still dont like the muscle of Woolworths & Coles but its better than Aldi and soon Costco etc.

Good on you Kerriep :metal: You are a neighbor by the looks of things.

kerripkerrip

I’m in Rosebud Porgey so yes not too far away from you. We have an Aldi in town and it seems to get a lot of business. I went in there ONCE just to have a look. I have not been back since. It is a shame that more people don’t think about where they sending their money or how they are affecting their future. Nevermind, everyone has their own ideas I guess.

Kerri

PS. We are moving in about 6 weeks to Stradbroke. Woohoo. So we won’t be neighbours for very long, lol.

porgeyporgey

Good luck with the move and enjoy! Cheers porgey.

TamandcoTamandco

I like Aldi but only cos the alternative is just as crap!

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

There is room for Aldi and Woolies in my life…. I have no qualms at using both (less and less though)…

Both have their own interests at heart and not Australias so much! I don’t mind buying Aldis meat as they say it is Australian but it does seem to be a bit watery when you try to cook it (rump and mince), Woolies doesn’t do it so much…

I buy Aldis toilet paper as none other beats it for cost and quality (I could use wee wipes but not atm )

I buy vita brits and corn flakes (I know… :rip:) from woolies as aldis breakfast cereals are a good price but inferior in taste and texture…

Aldi have very ggod specials and when they are over, they’re over!! They don’t hold continuous stock… One thing that comes to mind is Connie undersheet protectors… They were $100+ to buy through other agencies but were $30 to buy at Aldi… I bought 2 and now wish I’d bought a lot more!! I hope they have another health aids special week soon!!

if a $100 of stuff costs in woolies and i can buy the same in aldis for $60 buxs that means $40 dollars staying in my pocket which i am australian so its a big win for me and australia

Plus everyone moaning about profits going overseas ect where do u buy your petrol and cars,tvs fridges computers from plus 100s of other things…long as companies employ australians thats the best you can hope for theses days

LeecyLeecy

It kills me to say this, but well said, Starkers 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.