Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Cheap vanilla bean purchase

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    BelBel

I think I’m going to just buy some vanilla beans from Ebay – I’ve never had trouble ordering from Ebay before. If anyone else is interested, please PM me. I’ve only had one PM so far, so unlikely I’ll be able to order the cheapest 1kg quantity. Depending on how many people are potentially interested, I can let you know how much I can get them for. I’ll put in an order in a few days.

shortlyshortly

If your going to order them off Ebay go with the Madagascan ones, or better yet if you can find some reunion.

Vanilla pods are a bit like diamonds, the quality ranges from absolutely fabulous to just rubbish. And there are the imposter’s that pose as the real deal, while they are Vanillas they’re not Vanilla planifolia.

Sometimes you get what you pay for, just be careful that you do get what you have paid for.

kerriebkerrieb

shortly post=313950 wrote: or better yet if you can find some reunion.

Vanilla pods are a bit like diamonds, the quality ranges from absolutely fabulous to just rubbish. And

Sometimes you get what you pay for, just be careful that you do get what you have paid for.

This is what I have they are soooooooooo good.

BelBel

Thanks for the tips guys. I’ll bear that in mind 🙂

sonne_mccsonne_mcc

I have been buying organic vanilla beans from a Fruit & Veg Shop in Caloundra, Qld. Brand is Sunshine Vanilla and I’ve just noted they’ve recently lanched an online store. Pricing is very reasonable compared to what is available at Coles & Woolworths and I think the quality is far superior.

Here is the link http://www.sunshinevanilla.com.au

wozzellwozzell

I have bought vanilla beans from e-bay before and have found the quality to be a bit “hit & miss”

Thanks for that link sonne_mcc.I just received my 250g bundle this week and am absolutely delighted with the quality. highly recommend these beans to all you other vanilla junkies out there 🙂

BelBel

Thanks for the feedback wozzell. Might have to give these guys a go, I think because I never got around to ordering any vanilla beans….

vickivicki

I’ll go in with you Bel. Just 100g or 200g. I live in Barossa so will probably come and get them.

Vicki

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I got mine from here

http://www.spicewest.com.au/

if that is any help for anyone 🙂

plus lots of spices

CarineCarine

I can supply a very best gourmet vanilla bean from Madagascar :

1 kgs : $38 (15cm-18cm)

1 Kgs :$40 (19cm-22cm)

Details of vanilla bean : vanilla bean grade A moisture 2.5% and more,

very good quality at competitive prices.

Please feel free to contact us for any further information

gartenfeegartenfee

I have purchased Vanilla beans from Sunshine Vanilla also. Totally happy with the quality..

SnagsSnags

Im still waiting for my vanilla to flower I have 2 plants

Hi guys, I just recently purchased australian grown vanilla from QLD, its well priced and gorgeous quality!!!

http://www.daintreevanilla.com

Cheers

IdunaIduna

I know I’m dragging up an old thread but does anyone know much about the vanilla shortage going on around the world and how much vanilla has gone up by in the last couple of years?

I’m only asking as we bought a few pods yesterday, they were still cheaper and better looking than the ones in the supermarket.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.