Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Canberra – Wed 21 July? Impromptu catch up?

Home Forums Regional Groups Australian Capital Territory Canberra – Wed 21 July? Impromptu catch up?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    HerbmanHerbman

I will be in Canberra on Wednesday and Thursday next week (21 & 22 July 2010) for work.

I am wondering whether anyone would be interested in meeting for a drink or feed on the Wednesday evening?

I am travelling with a colleague who might come along – but I can vouch for her being very nice. And she might enjoy finally being part of my adventures with ‘the internet gardening people’ instead of just hearing about them.

I haven’t yet finalised my meeting schedule while I’m there but there’s no chance of having meetings after 5pm so I’m thinking somewhere easy from 6pm onwards. I don’t know Canberra so am open to all suggestions.

Am staying in CBD but muchly happy to get a taxi out to the suburbs – my memory of Canberra is that all the action happens out there and it will be a school night. So that might be easiest for anyone wanting to catch up.

Considers changing signature to ‘The ALS GTG fanatic is back’ :tongue:

dixiebelledixiebelle

Hi Herbman!! I possibly could do a GTG on Wed evening, as my husband would sort the kids after he finishes work, and I could be in Civic/ CBD about 6:30pm… be nice to have a chat! Not sure how my husband would feel about me meeting a strange fella for a drink, but I’ll assure him you are ALS, you are not strange at all!!! 😆

Where’s Andre at? I am sure he would be keen too…

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

I’m here, and will be there too!:metal:

Can be in Civic/CBD at that time (on a push bike at the moment) :tup:

plumtreeplumtree

Canberra is our ‘City’ when we go to one and we would like to meet you and perhaps others from the Canberra region.

The dates conflict with other arrangements but will try to rework things.

University House (Google-it) is central as a convenient and neutral meeting place but it might be a bit ‘Legacy’ for some.

Lets see what develops!

HerbmanHerbman

Ooh wonderful. I can’t wait to meet you Dixiebelle and Plumtree, and to catch up with Andre again. 😀

I’ll let you guys work out a place because you will have a better feel for that than I :shrug: :tup:

My colleague (if she joins us) and I have no special dietary requirements

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Vegetarian here :tup: ..

FeeglesFeegles

Hubby and I can make it as well if 2 more arent a problem

HerbmanHerbman

Awesome – will be lovely to meet you and your hubby Feegles 😀

Dixiebelle – all these people coming along should help with your hubby being more comfy with it :tongue:

dixiebelledixiebelle

No, he doesn’t mind at all!!! 😉 He wants me to get out & about and chat to adults, esp. likeminded ones, instead of going batty talking to two crazy kids all day!

I am happy with wherever you guys decide, and to treat myself to a nice dinner!!

HerbmanHerbman

I’m happy with University House if that’s suitable for everyone else. However, if anyone prefers a different place that’s all good too.

Like Plumtree, I understand if anyone feels it’s too Legacy and am happy to go with any suggestions. Am just excited to be meeting you all 🙂

plumtreeplumtree

Sorry, can’t be there this time. We are two hours away from Canberra and while we need to visit Canberra from time to time it doesn’t work for these dates.

The Fellows Bar is probably a good choice with good food, drink and near the CBD. Plenty of outdoor tables if the weather is warm( not likely)…..have fun!

dixiebelledixiebelle

Another time, Plumtree… maybe a Spring BBQ!

I must also say, this has been a bad week of sickness for my whole family, and now me too, and we have a big weekend with M’s birthday party, so though I am hoping by next Wed I am fighting fit again, BUT if it is miserable weather, and I am even a bit unwell, I would have to pull out, can’t go out in chilly Canberra weather with a sniffle! What I am saying is, don’t go making plans around me, as I hate to let people down!

HerbmanHerbman

Andre and Feegles – sounds like you get to chose location.

Andre – given you are on treadly, wanna make it somewhere really close to you? Can’t have you freezing in the Canberra night :p. Your usual local eat is great for me.

FeeglesFeegles

Andre it is up to you… We can meet anywhere, and dont mind giving folks a lift home unless you are all out at queanbeyan..lol

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Where are you at Feegles?

I’m in Watson, and would love a lift in :tup: (just rode in from work in the icey wind and rain … will grab a lift anywhere now!)

So, if it is up to you and me Feegles – and I’m bludging a lift :tongue: – you might as well have the final decision. :metal:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.