Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Calling all South East Queenslanders to a Get Together 5/11/11.

Home Forums Regional Groups Queensland Calling all South East Queenslanders to a Get Together 5/11/11.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    BlueWrenBlueWren

Lindy loo post=327373 wrote: Hey Its great to find out there’s a Bris/Southern Downs contingent. New to this ALS site will consider it also, how do you organize a catch up at the markets, any red flags or do you all know each other? Look forward to meeting you all one day! I live outside Warwick so its not that far Cheers Linda

Hi Lindy loo , that would be wonderful if you could join us.We are not really planning on meeting up actually at the markets although quite a few of us do know each other so it will probably happen informally, although the markets are very big so it’s not a given.The GTG bit will just be at the Lions park and we’ll have something to identify us there – probably lots of plants!!

BlueWrenBlueWren

Paradiso post=327364 wrote: how far from Cooroy and is anyone going from Cooroy area?

Not sure about distance – will ask DH and get back to you.Would be great if you can join us.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Just a reminder to any travellers from the south that the Blackbutt Range is still being repaired after massive landslips during the January floods.There is single lane traffic only.Traffic comes up the range from the south on the hour and the half hour , goes down at a quarter to and a quarter past,so can be a long wait if you just miss the time.At least you can enjoy listening to the bell birds while you wait!!Not allowed out of your vehicle so have your thermos flasks in the car, not the boot, if you think you might need a cuppa.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

cooroy is about 2hs and 20mins, – I always use this site when looking at distances

http://www.auinfo.com/australian%20distance%20calculator.html

BlueWrenBlueWren

calliecat post=327392 wrote: cooroy is about 2hs and 20mins, – I always use this site when looking at distances

http://www.auinfo.com/australian%20distance%20calculator.html

Thanks calliecat.I knew there would be a site somewhere to do that.Will make a note of that one.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

there is a couple of them, but that is the one I use :), glad to be of help

BlueWrenBlueWren

Vanessa Collier post=327384 wrote: Hi BlueWren, I’d come but I’m really close to exams then so can’t spare a day away from my desk 🙁 Will try to make it in the future, I’d love to meet some ALSers.

There will be others I’m sure.All the best for your study and exams. :tup: :tup:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I hope to be there….. I was going to bring some plants but I sold them all today :laugh:

I might have enough time to pot up a few more

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

and I have heaps of handmade soap

got a tad carried away lol

marzmarz

Sorry won’t be able to make this one – will be over the sunny coast at Mum’s 92nd birthday. She’ll never forgive me if I miss it :ohmy:

SilentSilent

Remember, Remember…

Remember, remember the fifth of November

BlueWren calls us to South Burnet

There’s no reason at all

Why Bluewren’s call

Is something we should forget

BlueWren, BlueWren ’twas her goal

To meet and befriend us all

Three score bars of soap all set

By calliecat our appetites to whet

The Gods decreed we get together

Bobbee, maybe]Steve (but not Vanessa)

Lindy loo and gartenfree

Paradiso and Judi B

Nanango, Nanango, We meet for a bite

Nanango, Nanango, ALS unite!

EDIT: Not sure how Bobbee got included in this. I’ve been over this thread twice and I have no idea why I put Bobbee into the poem. I think I got a crossed wire from other posts I was reading. :shrug:

BlueWrenBlueWren

ThankYOU Silent! :tup: :clap: Yes, long way for Bobbee.Sounds as though you are coming.It was actually calliecat who organised this GTG – she just asked me to do the posting and reminders.Looking forward to it very much.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Very good poem :tup: :clap:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

good poem Silent 🙂

got some soap to offload, so will swap that for food, – cos, apart from bread, have no idea what to bring :shrug: :laugh:

SilentSilent

Ummm…actually I don’t think I will be there. A bit too far for me as I live in Bris during the week and so my weekend time at home is precious. I just thought it would be fun to rewrite the Guy Fawkes Poem for you all.

Can we have the next one closer to the Sunsine Coast?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.