Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Calling all South East Queenslanders to a Get Together 5/11/11.

Home Forums Regional Groups Queensland Calling all South East Queenslanders to a Get Together 5/11/11.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    BlueWrenBlueWren

OK, calling everyone within reach of Nanango,South Burnett. :wave: :wave: On 5th November come and have a sticky beak around the huuuuuge Nanango Markets, then come to the park for a BYO and Bring a Plate Lunch, swap, sell produce etc and get to know folk from ALS and the Down to Earth Forum.You could even stay overnight – plenty of space at our place for tents, caravans and trailers – and visit the Bunya Mountains on Sunday, or check out the local wineries.You do know that the South Burnett wineries produce a top quality drop? :clap: :clap: :tup: :tup:

gartenfeegartenfee

yep,i can vouch for the good drops of the different wines,ports ect from the south burnet area. the markets where good too.

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Hmmmm bit of a drive but I’ve done it before…

Hmmmm thinking, thinking…. :S

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Steve post=323851 wrote: Hmmmm bit of a drive but I’ve done it before…

Hmmmm thinking, thinking…. :S

Go on you know you want to come to the markets, and now there are more people from around here so lots of new faces to meet.

I don’t know if we will get there as we don’t know where we are from one day to the next anymore.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Come on Steve!! :laugh: :laugh: We drive to Bris and back in a day lots of times.We would love to meet you.

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

I can’t remember how long it took last time we went and met Judi and Marigold. I think it was a tad over three hours each way.

But I’m still thinking… 🙂

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

the park will be the Lions Park, on the south side of town, near the BP, – and that is on the Yarraman side 🙂

SilentSilent

You picked a busy day for me. I think I’ll be there but I need to blow up the House of Lords first.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

.lol

BlueWrenBlueWren

Silent post=323909 wrote: You picked a busy day for me. I think I’ll be there but I need to blow up the House of Lords first.

Will be great if you can make it Silent.I’ll have to go look where Witta is.

Steve, three hours each way is about right.

Silent Witta looks like a great spot! Boonah looks pretty good too Steve.

ParadisoParadiso

how far from Cooroy and is anyone going from Cooroy area?

Lindy looLindy loo

Hey Its great to find out there’s a Bris/Southern Downs contingent. New to this ALS site will consider it also, how do you organize a catch up at the markets, any red flags or do you all know each other? Look forward to meeting you all one day! I live outside Warwick so its not that far Cheers Linda

Hi BlueWren, I’d come but I’m really close to exams then so can’t spare a day away from my desk 🙁 Will try to make it in the future, I’d love to meet some ALSers.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

Lindy loo post=327373 wrote: Hey Its great to find out there’s a Bris/Southern Downs contingent. New to this ALS site will consider it also, how do you organize a catch up at the markets, any red flags or do you all know each other? Look forward to meeting you all one day! I live outside Warwick so its not that far Cheers Linda

we’re all actually meeting for lunch at the Lions Park near the BP on the way into town, – the markets are just a place that people might like to look at while in the area – hopefully you can make it :

ask any questions on here, or PM me if you wish 🙂

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

Vanessa Collier post=327384 wrote: Hi BlueWren, I’d come but I’m really close to exams then so can’t spare a day away from my desk 🙁 Will try to make it in the future, I’d love to meet some ALSers.

oh what a shame, but hope all goes well with the up coming exams 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.