Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Calling all city/urban ALSers

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Site Announcements Calling all city/urban ALSers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I received this today.. If you wish to participate please send Laura an email at venutol@fpc.com.au

Hi Dan,

My name is Laura Venuto. I’m a writer for the lifestyle magazine called Notebook: If you haven’t seen the magazine before, you can check out our website to get a bit of a feel for it (www.notebookmagazine.com). I am currently researching a potential article and was hoping for the help of your forum members if at all possible.

I was interested in a posting on your website from a little while back which was all about Living Simply in the City. I am very interested in finding out more about the idea of ‘urban simplicity’ from people who have downshifted or chosen to live a simpler life, without making a complete seachange.

Most articles that talk about creating a simpler life, involve people quitting their jobs, moving the family to a beautiful rural area, growing all their own produce and so on. However this isn’t necessarily possible for the bulk of the population, so I was interested in exploring how it is possible to simplify your life while still living in the city.

I was wondering whether it might be possible to forward this to your forum members and if any are interested in commenting, they could email me directly with how they have simplified their life without moving from their urban location. None of their responses would be for print at this stage – I’m only researching. If the idea went ahead I would then contact people back to see if they would be interested in being involved further.

Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Laura.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.