Aussies Living Simply

Busylizzies Winter Vegie Patch

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE The Garden Log Busylizzies Winter Vegie Patch

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 335 total)
  • Author
    busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Yeah your lazy like Lynnie 😆 Each row is about 8m long theres about 12 beds in this part of the patch. The Onions are still growing, hey I reckon I have the space and should be using it and growing as much as I can.

geminiscgeminisc

oh yeah – i wish i could go all out bulk like you! unfortunately i just have too much rock and not enough $$ to fix up all that damn land… :@

ok am i reading this right? you have 12 beds of peas??? :jawdrop: that can’t be right… can it?

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

No Gemmy girl, 3 beds of Peas 😆

geminiscgeminisc

3 beds of peas – that’s still *really* impressive.

*looks at the measly 5 pea plants she has*

ah well.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Better 5 plants then no plants, so well done anyway Gem, you should be proud that you have grown them and eaten from the plant. :clap:

HerbmanHerbman

The preserves and peas look delicious!

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Thanks Herbman 🙂 The photo didnt do the Preserves justice, the Orange is amazing, the photo washed the color out abit.

Shelled the Peas last night, total of 475gms, unshelled there was about 2.6kg. Off to pick the next lot :tup:

diannedianne
    Participant

geminisc wrote:

oh yeah – i wish i could go all out bulk like you! unfortunately i just have too much rock and not enough $$ to fix up all that damn land… :@

dont “fix” build on top of.:tup:

geminiscgeminisc

yeah that’s what i meant :shy:

build on top of still needs $$.

ordering in dirt costs a lot of dough since we’re not that close to town – they charge a $90 delivery fee per load.

my free alpaca poo is only in small quantities, not nearly enough for the amount of area i need to cover, and bales of hay here even though we’re in farming community are in the $10/ bale price bracket. it all adds up really *really* quickly :p

diannedianne
    Participant

bit by bit, little by little:tup:

geminiscgeminisc

yeah – *drags ball and chain* um, I mean pick and shovel.. 😆

carolfcarolf

Well done on the peas:clap:

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Gee Gem, thats pricey, 😮 probably cheaper to hire a trailer and get it yourself. Id sell you our old hay for $5 a bale if you were closer. 😉

geminiscgeminisc

$5 a bale? :jawdrop:

I’LL TAKE IT! I’LL TAKE IT! I’LL TAKE IT!!

except of course once i add delivery it’ll probably end up even more exxy. :awch::rip:

yeah hubby’s not big on trailers and my car doesn’t have the dooby whacky thingy to drag a trailer along.

It’s difficult getting things done when you have to rely on other people. *Sigh*

geminiscgeminisc

now you’re just making me jealous. $5 a bale – GIMME! 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 335 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.